GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JSM

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Baythan said:
Wow...looks like the TENNESSEE TRIAD (or quad) will be together in one place: Chris, Jimmy, Joe..and ME!

Also looks like I'm the lone (stock) Syclone out there. I'm hoping Bob (bigtime) can squeeze me in for a quick tune-up. Truck runs strong for the street...but I wanna be sure it won't detonate at the track. I'll also be Zainoed by the 8th. :tup:

I'll also be well-versed by then on racing technique and will do my best to represent. Worst case scenario is that I run a dismal 14 or something like that...or the truck breaks.

Any tips, input, encouragement welcome. This is shaping up to be a nice little gathering!

Worse case get you the plugs, wires, etc.

I will have my laptop and tools and we can give it a quick tuneup if needed.

You will have some well versed people there that can help you out.
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Baythan said:
I'll also be well-versed by then on racing technique and will do my best to represent. Worst case scenario is that I run a dismal 14 or something like that...or the truck breaks.

You have to represent Sy's properly, you can't run slower than those Ty's :lol:
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Baythan said:
Wow...looks like the TENNESSEE TRIAD (or quad) will be together in one place: Chris, Jimmy, Joe..and ME!

Also looks like I'm the lone (stock) Syclone out there. I'm hoping Bob (bigtime) can squeeze me in for a quick tune-up. Truck runs strong for the street...but I wanna be sure it won't detonate at the track. I'll also be Zainoed by the 8th. :tup:

I'll also be well-versed by then on racing technique and will do my best to represent. Worst case scenario is that I run a dismal 14 or something like that...or the truck breaks.

Any tips, input, encouragement welcome. This is shaping up to be a nice little gathering!

I know...I dont think Rick believed me when i told him that Jimmy and I went and looked at your Sy for you before you bought it and we did the same for Chris's Ty for him too.:lol:

Go buy some plugs/wires/cap/rotor/O2 sensor and i bet youll be good to go. :tup: If you need somebody to make a pass or two for you im sure you can find a volunteer...like me.
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Well, it sounds like major fun...so I'd like to make at least one of the runs. I told Rick I'd be willing to make two runs max. (hey, it's a SHOW truck)...and he was cool with that. I'm gonna sorta practice so I'll be ready, but if I flub up run #1, I *may* hand the keys to someone. (and I will be S-ing my pants until my truck crosses the line).

Yes, the plan is for sparks, wires, cap, etc. I think she'll be ready to run after that.
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

I have a feeling that Steve will make more than 1 or 2 passes. He'll make a couple of passes and get hooked....we'll also be applying the peer pressure for him to make more passes.:lol:
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JKsSyclone said:
I have a feeling that Steve will make more than 1 or 2 passes. He'll make a couple of passes and get hooked....we'll also be applying the peer pressure for him to make more passes.:lol:


Ha! NOT! I was reeeal hesitant to sign up (no fun money for repairs!)...but as strong as this truck runs...I don't think 2 runs will hurt...plus, Chris is running his garage queen, so...

Even still, my truck has 43k, not 4k, so it's a bit of a gamble.
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Baythan said:
Ha! NOT! I was reeeal hesitant to sign up (no fun money for repairs!)...but as strong as this truck runs...I don't think 2 runs will hurt...plus, Chris is running his garage queen, so...

Even still, my truck has 43k, not 4k, so it's a bit of a gamble.

good move bringin it to bob.. him > me..

if I'm allowed to I'd love to be present for this.. if possible could I have 2 weeks notice though, so I can take off of work :D
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Baythan said:
Ha! NOT! I was reeeal hesitant to sign up (no fun money for repairs!)...but as strong as this truck runs...I don't think 2 runs will hurt...plus, Chris is running his garage queen, so...

Even still, my truck has 43k, not 4k, so it's a bit of a gamble.
Me and Joe already raged on your Sy :rotf: :tup:
It will be fine.
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Jimmy said:
Me and Joe already raged on your Sy :rotf: :tup:
It will be fine.


Oh, that's right...didn't you blow some vaccuum hoses loose in the process? :rotf:

And heck, if it can drive 13 hours (TN to PA) on FILTHY oil and air filter (my bad), than 28 seconds (or less) of WOT with clean oil and a K&N won't be a problem.
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Jimmy said:
Me and Joe already raged on your Sy :rotf: :tup:
It will be fine.

We did it for scientific reasons. We were on datamaster the whole time. We had to make sure everything was in good working order. :tup: :lol:

But really...it should be fine Steve. A good tune up and you shouldnt have any problems.
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Baythan said:
Oh, that's right...didn't you blow some vaccuum hoses loose in the process? :rotf:

And heck, if it can drive 13 hours (TN to PA) on FILTHY oil and air filter (my bad), than 28 seconds (or less) of WOT with clean oil and a K&N won't be a problem.

We didnt blow them off, it was already off....it had a boost leak and we found the detatched vac. line causing the problem. We fixed the problem and adjusted the TV cable too. :tup:
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JKsSyclone said:
We didnt blow them off, it was already off....it had a boost leak and we found the detatched vac. line causing the problem. We fixed the problem and adjusted the TV cable too. :tup:

I know dude. I was kidding. You guys hooked me up right! :tup:
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JKsSyclone said:
Hey Eric...are we all crashing at your house?



x 2 :lol:

you are all more than welcome too..

I have a spare bed, an air matress, and a couch..
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Baythan said:
I know dude. I was kidding. You guys hooked me up right! :tup:
Its cool. I know you were joking...i just posted that so nobody else would think we messed your truck up. I dont want any uneasy feelings next time i check a SyTy out for somebody.:)
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

oh yeah, and a pool table, foose ball table, hopefully a dart board and lots of beer.
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

smaug said:
you are all more than welcome too..

I have a spare bed, an air matress, and a couch..

You know that its going to be at least Me, Christina, Nick, Jeff, Jeff's little girl, Jimmy, & Mike D. :lol:

Hey Jimmy...I bet Eric will let you stay in his bed as long as you spoon him.:rotf:
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JKsSyclone said:
You know that its going to be at least Me, Christina, Nick, Jeff, Jeff's little girl, Jimmy, & Mike D. :lol:

Hey Jimmy...I bet Eric will let you stay in his bed as long as you spoon him.:rotf:
I'd rather sleep in the Ty,you can spoon him :tup:
 
Top