GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Will_in_Denver said:
<sigh>

Remember how I was talkin' at Nats how my next truck would be a virgin stocker with low mileage to play with.
It's all about timing isn't it?

Also, is a MAP-Bypass considered stock?
:D

-w

Hurry up and get a truck then!

I wonder what the date of the event will be.
 

Junior1

NASTE Member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Joe if you come up and run, I'll meet you up there and bring out the Ty to represent NASTE...nothing nicer than 2 clean stockers
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Junior1 said:
Joe if you come up and run, I'll meet you up there and bring out the Ty to represent NASTE...nothing nicer than 2 clean stockers

I was wondering when you would chime in.. your truck would fit the bill. :D
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Junior1 said:
Joe if you come up and run, I'll meet you up there and bring out the Ty to represent NASTE...nothing nicer than 2 clean stockers

That would be really cool. I need to see my black Ty again.:lol:
 

Junior1

NASTE Member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

I'll send him an email later with some pics...
maybe we'll make the cover, then I can have 2 cover trucks :)
 

JSM

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JKsSyclone said:
That would be cool....its your job to talk Jeff into that. :tup:

You guys are a bunch of arseholes you know that right?

Hmm, I have a tow vehicle and enclosed trailer in the driveway right now.

I got the towing covered, Smaug has the headquarters, anybody for gas?

I can't believe what I get myself into.
 

2kwik4u

Resident slow guy
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JS Manufacturing said:
You guys are a bunch of arseholes you know that right?

Hmm, I have a tow vehicle and enclosed trailer in the driveway right now.

I got the towing covered, Smaug has the headquarters, anybody for gas?

I can't believe what I get myself into.

I'll cover a couple of tanks of fuel....it'll take what 2-3 to get there? I'll donate some time, and cashola to the effort to get the truck up there.
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

I'd be willing to cover some expenses,since I am the Blue Ty's crew chief.
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Jimmy said:
I'd be willing to cover some expenses,since I am the Blue Ty's crew chief.

funny thing is, if anyone of you guys did come out here, im sure the truck would have the largest "crew" out of any of the other cars/trucks :lol:
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

You could have a NASCAR sized pit crew for a Stock Typhoon :lol: At Eric's house, you would also have a Sy& Ty parts at you diposal incase you broke anything :rotf:
 

JSM

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

dgoodhue said:
You could have a NASCAR sized pit crew for a Stock Typhoon :lol: At Eric's house, you would also have a Sy& Ty parts at you diposal incase you broke anything :rotf:

The bad part is, with 2 days of racing it would probably need a 2nd crew and several parts.

Seriously Joe, if your game, I will figure out a way to get it there and back for you. We got 3 tanks of gas covered (~$50 per tank BTW) @ 12 miles per gallon.

I have room for up to 5 passengers, so you, the wife and kid can fit.

Jeff
 

crashing_sux

Blow Me?
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

What's up with modding the ecm for drivability but not for performance? Those two are impossible to separate so in effect if you go you will be going up against people who have modded their ecm for performance. Makes sense to do the same to prepare.
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JS Manufacturing said:
The bad part is, with 2 days of racing it would probably need a 2nd crew and several parts.

Seriously Joe, if your game, I will figure out a way to get it there and back for you. We got 3 tanks of gas covered (~$50 per tank BTW) @ 12 miles per gallon.

I have room for up to 5 passengers, so you, the wife and kid can fit.

Jeff

Hell yeah im game and i already emailed the guy! Of course ill pay for some gas too. I just hope he likes my Ty....I would hate it if he picked one that runs 15's and made us look bad.

Email him and tell him that we have a volunteer...me! Vote for Joe. :lol:

They wouldnt know what to think about us if we rolled in with the "pit crew" that we are talking about putting together! :lol:
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JKsSyclone said:
Hell yeah im game and i already emailed the guy! Of course ill pay for some gas too. I just hope he likes my Ty....I would hate it if he picked one that runs 15's and made us look bad.

Email him and tell him that we have a volunteer...me! Vote for Joe. :lol:

They wouldnt know what to think about us if we rolled in with the "pit crew" that we are talking about putting together! :lol:

you guys are more than welcome to crash, and bring the kid.. as long as christine is the driver.. I don't want to see any mistakes when making a pass for a mag. :tup:
 

Tydriver

TurboLS6 Powa'
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

dgoodhue said:
You could have a NASCAR sized pit crew for a Stock Typhoon :lol: At Eric's house, you would also have a Sy& Ty parts at you diposal incase you broke anything :rotf:

Isnt that what the require to keep them running anyhow ??

LOL
 

Junior1

NASTE Member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

I'm down...I also sent Rick an email with details on my Ty and a few pictures. Hopefully we'll get picked so we can represent the SyTy community. :tup:
 

sy538

New member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

I wonder why they’re not including the 1987-91 Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes?
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

sy538 said:
I wonder why they’re not including the 1987-91 Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes?

It says.."For this particular shootout, we are only looking for production-based vehicles made by GM, or those created in official partnership with GM. In general, if you could check a specific option box when ordering the vehicle, you’re okay. No aftermarket “tuner” cars please."

A Callaway Corvette would be an aftermarket “tuner” car.
 

sy538

New member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

These cars were sold at GM dealerships and had a GM regular production otpion code - B2K

About the same deal with PAS with the sytys and TTA and McLaren with the GNX.
 
Top