GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

T-Bone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Junior1 said:
:tup: I GOT PICKED - just replied to the email....It will be one weekday during the first 2 weeks of August...Who wants to be pit crew members ????

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Congrats.....the magazine article with your Sy in it will be a nice piece for you to hang on to and for us to read. All the best to you as you represent!!!!
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Junior1 said:
:tup: I GOT PICKED - just replied to the email....It will be one weekday during the first 2 weeks of August...Who wants to be pit crew members ????

:tup: :tup: :tup:

depending on the date, I'm in to help out.. :tup:
 

Junior1

NASTE Member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

I need to get on Morgan now for the NASTE T shirts - its been 3 months, hopefully they will be done and we can all wear em to the track that day...I will also be supplying some brand new Mechanix Wear gloves for my new pit crew... :lol:
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

I'd be in CT. during my b-day weekend in Aug. (the 26th.) Thats the closest I'd get to being there at that date to watch this stuff happen. :roll:

Maybe if they change to the end of Aug I can catch it, but I highly doubt I'd be able to see this in person.
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Junior1 said:
I need to get on Morgan now for the NASTE T shirts - its been 3 months, hopefully they will be done and we can all wear em to the track that day...I will also be supplying some brand new Mechanix Wear gloves for my new pit crew... :lol:

Hey Chris!
Looks like I may see you there (on the track!) Things are still pending and I got some detailing to do!

You know, I was wondering what I was going to wear. Got a bunch of GN shirts, but need something SyTy related. Already sportin' NASTE decal in back window. :tup:

What a kick...about a year ago we were two "newbies" without trucks, now we're representing on a large scale.

Proud to be stock,
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Junior1 said:
:tup: I GOT PICKED - just replied to the email....It will be one weekday during the first 2 weeks of August...Who wants to be pit crew members ????

:tup: :tup: :tup:

I just got the same email! Are there going to be two Ty's?!
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Junior1 said:
I need to get on Morgan now for the NASTE T shirts - its been 3 months, hopefully they will be done and we can all wear em to the track that day...I will also be supplying some brand new Mechanix Wear gloves for my new pit crew... :lol:
\


i have two naste shirts.. so ill sport one and share the other.. :tup:
 

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JKsSyclone said:
I just got the same email! Are there going to be two Ty's?!
So is the Keller Klan coming up? You should definitely let the Mrs. drive at the track if so. :tup:
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JKsSyclone said:
I just got the same email! Are there going to be two Ty's?!

you are more than welcome to crash at my place if you want.. its bout an hour from E-town..

again, I would be honored to be pit on any of these trucks.. if anyone needs some wrenching done, just ask..

also, we can all meet up at my place for a bbq first, I need some pics with a bunch of sytys in front of my house. :D
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

MikeRenz said:
So is the Keller Klan coming up? You should definitely let the Mrs. drive at the track if so. :tup:

If they do pick our Ty we'll be there! She can drive if she wants to...we bought the Ty for her.

smaug said:
you are more than welcome to crash at my place if you want.. its bout an hour from E-town..

again, I would be honored to be pit on any of these trucks.. if anyone needs some wrenching done, just ask..

also, we can all meet up at my place for a bbq first, I need some pics with a bunch of sytys in front of my house.

We may do that. Hopefully they want both Chris's Ty and our Ty. I would like hang out with him and his family again. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
 

Junior1

NASTE Member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Originally posted by JKsSyclone
I just got the same email! Are there going to be two Ty's?!
Joe I would imagine they need more than one Ty. I'd say at least 2, plus yours is a 92 and mine is a 93

Originally posted by smaug
i have two naste shirts.. so ill sport one and share the other..
Thats cool, but I ordered 2 for myself back in April, I just didn't get them yet so I wanna make sure I get them soon
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

T-Bone said:
Congrats.....the magazine article with your Sy in it will be a nice piece for you to hang on to and for us to read. All the best to you as you represent!!!!

Um...Chris' truck is definitely a Typhoon. I've offered my Sy, but at this point, have not been confirmed.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Baythan said:
Um...Chris' truck is definitely a Typhoon. I've offered my Sy, but at this point, have not been confirmed.

My bad. I see that in his signature now. Hope you get picked as well. I would have entertained it were it closer in distance but 1,300+ miles one way just to get in a magazine isn't too enticing to me and I'd be fuming if the event got rained out after traveling that far. Wish this was being conducted at Beechbend Raceway but Englishtown is a super nice track!! I used to go there when stationed at Fort Monmouth NJ with the Army in 93-95. I'll be rootin for whoever gets picked.
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Well....its 100% now. I got a call from Rick and he gave me the date and said he is using a couple of more Ty's too. I know Chris's Ty is one of them! He also said something about Steve's Sy! :tup:

Jeff, Mike, Jimmy....you guys still up for a road trip? Let me know so we can start planning....and saving gas money!:lol:
 

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JKsSyclone said:
Well....its 100% now. I got a call from Rick and he gave me the date and said he is using a couple of more Ty's too. I know Chris's Ty is one of them! He also said something about Steve's Sy! :tup:

Jeff, Mike, Jimmy....you guys still up for a road trip? Let me know so we can start planning....and saving gas money!:lol:
so whats the date?
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout



853 miles from Nashville on Monday August 8th.....

I can probably do that.
 

Captain Morgan

Moderated User
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

If I can get up there that day and Rick doesnt mind, Ill be bringing tools and a floor jack and crap like that incase anyone needs to do any last minute tuneups.
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

NJTy180 said:
If I can get up there that day and Rick doesnt mind, Ill be bringing tools and a floor jack and crap like that incase anyone needs to do any last minute tuneups.

I'd also be willing to show up, if need be..

or yall can just crash at my crib :tup:
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Wow...looks like the TENNESSEE TRIAD (or quad) will be together in one place: Chris, Jimmy, Joe..and ME!

Also looks like I'm the lone (stock) Syclone out there. I'm hoping Bob (bigtime) can squeeze me in for a quick tune-up. Truck runs strong for the street...but I wanna be sure it won't detonate at the track. I'll also be Zainoed by the 8th. :tup:

I'll also be well-versed by then on racing technique and will do my best to represent. Worst case scenario is that I run a dismal 14 or something like that...or the truck breaks.

Any tips, input, encouragement welcome. This is shaping up to be a nice little gathering!
 
Top