GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JKsSyclone said:
The GNX ran 13.3's...that was CRAZY fast in 1987!!!!! The TTA's were running 13.7's - 13.9's. I dont remember thier best times.

I have never seen a GNX run at the track, I think 13.3 weree the magazine times.

The TTA times don't surprise me, as I have seen a few stock run at the track they always seem to run those high 13's times.
 

JSM

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

MikeRenz said:
i had fun seeing the keller clan and js, even though it required an hour of waiting and one visit by a cop :lol:

Joe saying, WTF is that Idiot with a Suburu doing on side of the road?

That was classic, as we had no idea it was Renz until his ugly face showed up shortly after.
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

MikeRenz said:
i had fun seeing the keller clan and js, even though it required an hour of waiting and one visit by a cop :lol:

I believe i said sometihng like this..."Hey Jeff, Whats up with that homo in WRX sitting on the side of the road?" :lol:
 

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JS Manufacturing said:
Joe saying, WTF is that Idiot with a Suburu doing on side of the road?

That was classic, as we had no idea it was Renz until his ugly face showed up shortly after.
was it before or after you gave me the finger that you realized it was me :rotf:
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

work sucks.. my ty is a bitch, and I had a great time..

joe/christina/nick.. jeff/madison... your welcome in my way to expensive house anytime.. even if I have a nickname that makes me want to cry.
 

Junior1

NASTE Member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

The Zr-1 are difficult to launch, they either bog or spin. My best friend has a stock 90 with a best of 12.9@113mph, It took him 5 times at the track to run those times. He only has a few 12.9-low 13 sec @110mph plus time slips, but he has tons of 13.5-13.7@106. The Callaway TT's usually have lots of traction problem with rearwheel drive and around 550ft-lb of torque.
Dave your right the ZR1 did nothing but bog as it left the line, one of those guys was worried about breaking his clutch :screwy: and a few there thought his buffer machine had gone faster than those cars ever had been driven...but trust me the guy with the Callaway did not have traction issues, it wasn't until Joe gave him a pep talk on how to spool up, did he finally break below 14's
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

dgoodhue said:
Was the callaway a rare automatic?

It's possible to spool a standard but it is hard on the clutch and if that gets too hot, all the boost in the world won't matter. An automatic Callaway would be an unusual find though....
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

After Chris's 13.4, Christina's 1.68 60', and Callaway dude droping a full second off him 1/4 Im going to start giving driving lessons.:lol: Im must be better at teaching than i am actually driving.:lol:
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

I wonder what GMHTP will say about that going 13.4 That is a killer run!!
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JKsSyclone said:
Im must be better at teaching than i am actually driving.:lol:

Joe, you really are a good teacher! Thanks for all the encouragement and instruction. Aside from your great tips, here's what I learned...for the best run, make sure:
1. Your tailgate opens at launch...good for aerodynamics and serves as rear wing. :cool:
2. Have your wife call you mid-1/4 so the phone rings and you lose concentration. :roll:
3. Kinda let off the gas at the pole 'cause you think you're done. :squint:
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

Baythan said:
Joe, you really are a good teacher! Thanks for all the encouragement and instruction. Aside from your great tips, here's what I learned...for the best run, make sure:
1. Your tailgate opens at launch...good for aerodynamics and serves as rear wing. :cool:
2. Have your wife call you mid-1/4 so the phone rings and you lose concentration. :roll:
3. Kinda let off the gas at the pole 'cause you think you're done. :squint:

Oh man, I can relate to some of that kinda.

I was at the track the last time trying to get a better time then my 13.6 out of my Camaro. Well the 1st yellow light comes on and my cell rings. I look over and its the wife calling me about to bitch at me for something again. Screwed up all my runs that night. :roll: I ran a 13.7 and a 13.8 over and over.. What a waste. lol.
 

JSM

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

blk00z28 said:
I look over and its the wife calling me about to bitch at me for something again.

Reason #13245324 I don't have a cell phone anymore. Sometimes it is just nice to NOT be able to be reached.
 

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JS Manufacturing said:
Reason #13245324 I don't have a cell phone anymore. Sometimes it is just nice to NOT be able to be reached.
my phone has this cool feature on it called "power button". You hit that button, and the phone magically turns off, and you can't get calls. technology these days is amazing!
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

JS Manufacturing said:
Sometimes it is just nice to NOT be able to be reached.


Reason #1 why I resisted so long to get cell phone until this year. As for the power button, that doesn't fly with my wife, god forbid I ever don't return her phone within a timely fashion. :rant:
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

dgoodhue said:
Reason #1 why I resisted so long to get cell phone until this year. As for the power button, that doesn't fly with my wife, god forbid I ever don't return her phone within a timely fashion. :rant:

my ex-gf actually called me while I was lining up before one of the runs.. :lol:
 

JSM

Active member
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

dgoodhue said:
Reason #1 why I resisted so long to get cell phone until this year. As for the power button, that doesn't fly with my wife, god forbid I ever don't return her phone within a timely fashion. :rant:

Exactly.

Dead battery doesn't work either as they ask didn't you bring the cord?

I don't have a cell phone unless you want to pay for it, works perfect.

Plus in a world of such easy communication it is just plain nice to be left alone at times.

Reason #4232254 was work can't reach me while I am gone. As my phone was used as much for work as anything. Now they are stuck until I get back to work.
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: GMHTP Supercar/Truck Shootout

IMG_9405.sized.jpg


I hope I can get a copy of the pro's pics of my truck..
 
Top