new front sway bar mounting system.....

2kwik4u

Resident slow guy
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

Typically the ZQ8 is referred to as a 33mm bar. However 1mm difference isn't a huge order.

That play you speak of should be taken up by the end links, not that bolt. If that bolt is constantly twisting, it worries me even more about breakage. The wear between the bolt and the new bracket is amplified then.

Weld it on there, it won't bind. The endlinks will give enough to more than compensate for the difference.
 

supersports10

New member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

2kwik4u said:
Typically the ZQ8 is referred to as a 33mm bar. However 1mm difference isn't a huge order.

That play you speak of should be taken up by the end links, not that bolt. If that bolt is constantly twisting, it worries me even more about breakage. The wear between the bolt and the new bracket is amplified then.

Weld it on there, it won't bind. The endlinks will give enough to more than compensate for the difference.

the reson i didnt weld them on there was 2 reasons..

1. to see if just bolting them on would cause them to fail.

2. the fact that the endlink is so short doesn't allow for much flex.

so far 1000+ miles no failures.

just wait and see what iv'e got coming up next for suspension mods.:D
 

jimhrabe

Donating Member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

Are you gonna make more? I'd definitely be interested and a complete parts list of what you use would be appreciated
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

supersports10 said:
if the coilover mounts are in roughly the same place, it should be a direct bolt in.

I wouldn't use a bolt mount sway bar for a coilover kit. That bolt is already holding the weight of the truck.
 

supersports10

New member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

scrapn'clone said:
Are you gonna make more? I'd definitely be interested and a complete parts list of what you use would be appreciated

yes, if enough people express interest in these i will make more, and make them affordable too:tup: .
 

supersports10

New member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

dgoodhue said:
I wouldn't use a bolt mount sway bar for a coilover kit. That bolt is already holding the weight of the truck.

this remains to be seen.... i definatly share your concern about the structual componets of the a-arms being able to withstand the extra load.

i'll have to take a look at a set of arms to make a determanition.

guess theres only one way to find out!
 

2kwik4u

Resident slow guy
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

dgoodhue said:
I wouldn't use a bolt mount sway bar for a coilover kit. That bolt is already holding the weight of the truck.

I also would stay the hell away from that. The load on that bolt grows exponentially when you add the coilover. I personally dont' want a single bolt holding my sway control, shock absorbtion, AND vehicle weight.

But what do I know, I'm just an engineer.
 

JSM

Active member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

Although a good idea for stock arms, I will just say anybody with my suspension from and engineering standpoint I can't suggest this mod for my suspension.

As Dave stated there is already the weight of the vehicle on the bolt, mount adding more stress to that isn't a good idea.

Stock arms is a different story and not trying to take away from innovation and ideas on here
 

jimhrabe

Donating Member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

Being as I'm using the torsion bars with air bags on em I cant layout with the swaybar on this looks like it would be feasilble to use for my application
 

supersports10

New member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

scrapn'clone said:
Being as I'm using the torsion bars with air bags on em I cant layout with the swaybar on this looks like it would be feasilble to use for my application

i would think that this would work in your case with stock a-arms.
 

supersports10

New member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

JS Manufacturing said:
Although a good idea for stock arms, I will just say anybody with my suspension from and engineering standpoint I can't suggest this mod for my suspension.

As Dave stated there is already the weight of the vehicle on the bolt, mount adding more stress to that isn't a good idea.

Stock arms is a different story and not trying to take away from innovation and ideas on here

at this time im going to have to agree with you on this. untill someone proves that a tubular a-arm can hold this kind of stress.

im not saying it wont fit.... just not sure if tubular a-arm's can take this kind of punishment.

as far as stock arms go i am confident that it will hold, worry free.
 

supersports10

New member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

ahhh sorry havent seen this thread..... i can make4 some in the next week if your interested.
 
Top