new front sway bar mounting system.....

jimhrabe

Donating Member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

How much ? If its not too expensive When youre done I'll paypal ya some cash
 

supersports10

New member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

10-4!!!! i'll try to get started tomorrow.

im thinking 25-30 i'll see when i get done.
 

TT350

Manufacturer
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

Looks nice good idea!! :tup:

You mite look at making bracket
that bolts to the old sway bar mount
under the control arm and weld the 2 together,
this would keep your main mounting bracket
from trying to swivel on the shock bolt.

As far as the shock bolt being strong enough
that’s not a problem, hell look at the coil over
kits, that one bolt holds up the weight
of the front of the truck.
 

supersports10

New member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

scrapn'clone said:
Any progress?


sadly....no:(

work has been a bit*h lately with the heat, and 65 hour weeks:tdown:

hopeing to bring a few sets to homecoming,

but if i get a rain day, i'll make you a set:tup:
 

supersports10

New member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

update..... 4 set's being fabricated right now. left side's are done, working on right side's

finished by the end of the week.
 

Horsehammerr

New member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

I also would stay the hell away from that. The load on that bolt grows exponentially when you add the coilover. I personally dont' want a single bolt holding my sway control, shock absorbtion, AND vehicle weight.

But what do I know, I'm just an engineer.

engineers have designed a lot of failed airplanes, but what do I know ?:roll:
 

jimhrabe

Donating Member
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

WOW!! I forgot all about this thread were there ever any made? Id still be interested!!
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: new front sway bar mounting system.....

engineers have designed a lot of failed airplanes, but what do I know ?:roll:

Airplanes? Try the new eastern span of the San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge. Looks purdy, but we'll have to see how well it does in the next halfway decent earthquake.

Back to the thread, sorry. Looks like a great mod. I had not seen that before.
 
Top