Thought SS's were supposed to be fast

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Thought SS's were supposed to be fast

Thanks. I raced a modded Z28 the other day and lost (not too bad but did lose), the guy seemed to know the other Z28 I raced that I posted about. He told me that neither her or the guy could really drive. Ive actually talked to her and she told me that she could drive it way better cause its her car. So we went at it again, still, never pulled on me. A kill is a kill no matter whos driving. Hopefuly when the track opens up next month, Ill get a crack at some stockers with some good drivers and see the real deal.

Mike
 

elec87

New member
Re: Thought SS's were supposed to be fast

I find this interesting, I own a syclone and a ss and can say hands down the ss would have kicked the syclones arse in stock attire. Mine ran 13.20's stock and now runs high 11's. The syclone is cool but a good driver in a ls1 powered f body will rock a stocker anyday. We do get them off the line but a good 60' does not always win the race.
Elec
 

00Z28SS

New member
Re: Thought SS's were supposed to be fast

As long as it's a race to over 65-70mph, stock for stock, it's the ls1's race. Forget it if it's not going to go over that.
 

Deanzsyclone

New member
Re: Thought SS's were supposed to be fast

elec87 said:
I find this interesting, I own a syclone and a ss and can say hands down the ss would have kicked the syclones arse in stock attire. Mine ran 13.20's stock and now runs high 11's. The syclone is cool but a good driver in a ls1 powered f body will rock a stocker anyday. We do get them off the line but a good 60' does not always win the race.
Elec

Now that's interesting a good (bone) stock syclone will run a 13.2 (like mine did at Pomona) So I'm sure I will lead the way down the track against your stock ss but you'l obdviously catch me after the 1/4. But if a street race even makes it out to the 1/4 youv'e gone to far in the race... you know... safety and all.

If your sy would lose that bad then that's a sign of something wrong.
 
Last edited:

BLACK92TY

It's never enough
Re: Thought SS's were supposed to be fast

blk00z28 said:
You would be somewhat right.

Other then the fact, that there were no stage 3 Burger cars. They only had the 380hp cars (stage I) and the 435hp cars. (stage II)
Same with some Tom Henry's and some others.. (ie: the Earnhart cars.)

The only cars that had the 600hp (or 400, dont know the middle one. and the 600) Were the 02 ZL1 cars. And a few others (like the Dick Harrell cars.) And you cant compare these cars to a SyTySGT. Because they only made 69 02 ZL1's, a hand full of the other 600hp ones and around 1k or so of the others for different dealers. Check out http://www.gmmginc.net/ if you dont believe me. They did every single one of those cars that you speak of.

I got chance to see one up close in person last weekend. It's a lot of pics so you'll have to scroll down to about the third post.

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26890
 
Top