Thought SS's were supposed to be fast

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
I catch a light with a Newer Camaro SS tonight. It s this big black guy drivin and i tell him to race and see what hes got. It goes green and from the jump im atleast 4-5 ahead. The funny thing was, at almost 90mph we wasnt even starting to gain on me. So at the light I kinda give him the raised eyebrows and he laughs and shrugs. His girl looks over at me and says, "Its all stock". Proudly I say "So is this". She says "Riiiiiigggghhht". So, I lean out the window full of cockiness and point to the Typhoon sticker and say "See...TYPHOOOOOON. Go check em out online, do some homework". Its nice to be able to say its stock to people who have no clue.

Mike
 

Taylor_sy#2447

New member
ahahaha i hate it chicks who think they know something :roll: like the chick who said if i where to race this lowered civic (other than that stock.... cept the fart tube) i would lose cause his was a really fast car and mines just an ugly old pick 'em up truck and every1 knows if its not a car it cant go fast.... guess she thought the lil neons on the wheels, fart tube, and it being lowered made it fast :tdown:

in case any1 wants to know my friends stock camry beat it :rotf: that shut her up


nice kill man :tup:
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
yeah i hate when the chicks talk shit too. ALthough , my chick does it too but I always look at the dude in the car and roll my eyes. They usually just laugh cause they know their chick is the same way.

Mike
 

whiplash454

New member
Guys you've never met my wife..........she'll talk the shit .........then again she knows what the SY will do. And she's not afraid leave some poor soul wondering what happened when they see a chick in a "pickup" then nothing but taillights :D . She used to do the same thing with the vette before I sold it.
 

GarnetTy1473

Donating Member
Speaking of dumb chicks. Hanging out one saturday night at the hangout southside of Indy, dude pulls up in a WS6, had exhaust, and couple small things. Few people check it out, some dumb ass chick says her boyfriend will smoke it cuz he drives a Civic. This fast and furious thing has gone way too far. They need to make a movie with real cars, Camaro's, T/A, syty, and have them smoking the hell out of the ricers, then maybe they'd realize they don't have s**t for a car.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Whats funny about fast and furious 2 is that race between the Eclipse, EVO, Yanko and I forget what the other one was. I t kills me how those ricers were hooked up to the max and still had to use NOS to beat those guys and they had to cheat. If I was a import guy Ild definately be embarassed enough to switch.

Mike
 

Ground Rat

New member
Re: Thought SS's were supposed to be fast

typhooner0073 said:
I catch a light with a Newer Camaro SS tonight. It s this big black guy drivin and i tell him to race and see what hes got. It goes green and from the jump im atleast 4-5 ahead. The funny thing was, at almost 90mph we wasnt even starting to gain on me. So at the light I kinda give him the raised eyebrows and he laughs and shrugs. His girl looks over at me and says, "Its all stock". Proudly I say "So is this". She says "Riiiiiigggghhht". So, I lean out the window full of cockiness and point to the Typhoon sticker and say "See...TYPHOOOOOON. Go check em out online, do some homework". Its nice to be able to say its stock to people who have no clue.

Mike

Was it a '98+ camaro? Are you really stock?
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Im not entirely sure on the exact year but my guess would be 00. It had the glass lenses and LS1. Yes I am stock. All I have done is cleaned out engine bay(have more to go), cold air through the fender, Walbro and Shur flo.

Mike
 

psmvchaser

Member
Yeah, maybe he did'nt know how to drive because my buddy has an '00 SS and I can pull about 1-2 lengths from the light, but he catches me at about 70 and blows by me.

He runs 13.2's stock all day.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Ive looked at stats on SS's and I was shocked to see that its only supposed to run high 13's. I know it all depends on where you get your info but thought it was odd. Wheather or not he knew how to drive it I dont know. Didnt hear much wheel spin. My friend and his girl have an 02 Z28 and only ran 14.8 up at Bandi. This is a guy who definately knows how to drive. When I race him in that car its sad to see how small he gets in the mirror. :rotf: I raced a Z06 the other night and it took him forever to even catch me. Now that was a guy that I think may havenot known what he was doing. Anyway, all the times ive seen on SS's are not too impressive. My friends WS6 barely creeps by me just as were gettin to the 1/4 mark. Not even a full car.

Mike
 

myclone

Donating Member
psmvchaser said:
Yeah, maybe he did'nt know how to drive because my buddy has an '00 SS and I can pull about 1-2 lengths from the light, but he catches me at about 70 and blows by me.

He runs 13.2's stock all day.

Last time I was at Mooresville I got spanked twice by an LS1/6spd SS. Id rape him off the line but by half track we were even and by the finish he had ~2 lengths on me. Yeah, he was sprayin but Im not stock either so be aware when picking on LS1s with a non retard driver cause they can easily run down a syty.

Too bad the driver of the SS I raced was a tool since I wanted to check the car out but I ignored him after talking to him for 10 seconds and seeing how much of an A hole he was.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
They dont scare me. I do have this theory though. If it is true that turbo vehicles are not AS affected by the high altitude, then wouldnt it make sense that up here at 6000 ft. these LS1's are losing a bit more power than me? Stats on stock TY's are 14.1(from what Ive seen), on Data Master, Im pulling good 14.13-14.2's. A lot of people will say thfat you lose close to a second off your E.T. at this height. So wouldnt that expalin the lame runs these guys are giving me? My friend with the WS6 is so ashamed everytime we race cause he thinks his car is supposed to be the fastest car on the road. ALways thought about moving down to FL but, if this is true then I think Ill stay here :lol: .

Mike
 

BLACK92TY

It's never enough
My dad (who's the one who got me into cars) has a '00 Camaro M6. He's ran 11.8's with 1.6x 60' times (w/ street tires and no power adder) and I'd definitely say he's a great driver.
huh.gif


But regardless,it feels good to beat a V8 in one of these little trucks so I know what you're saying.
 

BLACK92TY

It's never enough
And not to mention that's up here in Minnesota. Usually around a 3k ft DA. I'm trying to convince him to make a trip to Atco or ETown.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Ive raced a couple more since this race and whooped em both. Im convinced, that they are not as great as everyone makes them out to be. If I had to buy a Camaro sure it would be the SS but I would never put myself in that situation :rotf: :rotf: . Me and my friend were out in his WS6 and he was rapin them. When I race the WS6 on good day Im beatin them by 1/2car. And by the way, were at 6000 ft. Either way no matter what stories anyone tells me, they are weak in my book until one can actually take me out stock. Until then...I will enjoy my ego trip. :lol:

Mike
 

SeattleSy#1255

Category 5 Conservative
buddy has a ss camaro LS1 with cam and heads and exhaust...runs 12.5's or so i'd guess...they aren't that slow and top end of a LS1 is pretty good. Way better than ours for sure
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
I couldnt agree with you more about the top end but Im racing these guys at lights and at out 1/4 strip down here. Havent had one take me in the 1/4 yet at all. Especially not on the street. Ive beat them at a roll from 40 and not from 60. Just about anything can take us from a roll. Still, until one beats me STOCK, I m not impressed. SYTY's are not high end racers so it doesnt matter to me what they can do on the highway or with mods. Im sure Ild go 12's with those kind of mods too.

Mike
 

00Z28SS

New member
Re: Thought SS's were supposed to be fast

typhooner0073 said:
Ive looked at stats on SS's and I was shocked to see that its only supposed to run high 13's. I know it all depends on where you get your info but thought it was odd. Wheather or not he knew how to drive it I dont know. Didnt hear much wheel spin. My friend and his girl have an 02 Z28 and only ran 14.8 up at Bandi. This is a guy who definately knows how to drive. When I race him in that car its sad to see how small he gets in the mirror. :rotf: I raced a Z06 the other night and it took him forever to even catch me. Now that was a guy that I think may havenot known what he was doing. Anyway, all the times ive seen on SS's are not too impressive. My friends WS6 barely creeps by me just as were gettin to the 1/4 mark. Not even a full car.

Mike
Man I wish i had your stock typhoon that kills SS's and barely beats WS6's and Z06's that take forever to catch you, then I wouldn't have to mod my car. And you say your buddy's WS6 is rapin SS's which are a little lighter and have the same amount of horse power (more if it has the SLP options)? :rotf: Man you are a good story teller and whenever I havea hard time falling asleep I'll besure to read your posts. :tdown:
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Thought SS's were supposed to be fast

00Z28SS said:
Man I wish i had your stock typhoon that kills SS's and barely beats WS6's and Z06's that take forever to catch you, then I wouldn't have to mod my car. And you say your buddy's WS6 is rapin SS's which are a little lighter and have the same amount of horse power (more if it has the SLP options)? :rotf: Man you are a good story teller and whenever I havea hard time falling asleep I'll besure to read your posts. :tdown:
You gotta remember,the street and the track are 2 different animals.A stock Ty can and will put a few lengths on a SS from a stoplight,especially if the SS takes a while to hook.

The LS1 cars are badass though,that's a fact.
 
Top