PA Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

518

Member
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

Is he from up by me? Id love to know who the hell said that. Considering I've never bought and sold a sy or ty. I have the only sy i have ever bought
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

Is he from up by me? Id love to know who the hell said that. Considering I've never bought and sold a sy or ty. I have the only sy i have ever bought
It was a west coast brother,but it doesn't really matter when you are nationwide. ;)

Good try though,it's a memory you will always have.
 

518

Member
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

Oh. DaveP. Yeah good one. He bought that truck i wanted for myself. Then he flipped it. Hes the flipper
 

TYGUY1

Donating Member
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

$23,000 for a police auction vehicle. Wow! Does anybody know how many bidders there were?
I've purchased and flipped about 10 police auction vehicles, and none of them were over $3000
 

Sportmachines

Active member
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

IMG_4561_zpsbofipl1g.jpg

IMG_4560_zpsrkho6jux.jpg

IMG_4559_zpsrf96k369.jpg

IMG_4562_zpselvqoyf7.jpg

IMG_4575_zpswyerwdxh.jpg

IMG_4572_zpswgwm1hj6.jpg

IMG_4570_zpstijgogrh.jpg

IMG_4573_zpsdc0ib1kg.jpg

IMG_4574_zpsocjznpwx.jpg

IMG_4567_zpsgqr9gmzf.jpg

IMG_4568_zpsr6ibt0en.jpg

IMG_4569_zpsdxqc5d7i.jpg
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

$23,000 for a police auction vehicle. Wow! Does anybody know how many bidders there were?
I've purchased and flipped about 10 police auction vehicles, and none of them were over $3000

My friend went to a police auction years ago and they had a Corvette at the auction that my friend wanted to bid on. (he had hoped to get a deal on it and flip it). It ended up going for more than retail; the bidders lost their mind. I wouldn't have expected so much attention for a GMC Syclone.
 

ziembic

Donating Member
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

A little bit of multicolored corrosion from the alternator at no extra cost.
 

TYGUY1

Donating Member
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

Wow! That's should be in a museum. Has anybody even heard of a Syclone with lower mileage then that in the last 10 years?
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

Wow! That's should be in a museum. Has anybody even heard of a Syclone with lower mileage then that in the last 10 years?

Yes, they're rare but around. I seem to remember another with 1800.

And I've seen trucks with more miles that were "cleaner" than this one (i.e. no surface rust). Storage is everything.
 

hatrik8

Donating Member
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

Damn $23k!
Too bad nobody on here picked it up. :(

Did it run and drive? Is it leaking on the floor or was that a previous car?
Looks like rodents in the engine compartment too.
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

I bet their is a handful of Syclone with practically no miles on them. These trucks were collected when new.
 

Sportmachines

Active member
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

It was in extremely nice condition. The paint was excellent, needed a detail, but thats to be expected given its life the last 3-4 years. That storage or lack there of also created the rodents in the engine bay and the "surface rust". With some TLC and correct techniques it could be corrected.

The body was straight, no dings or dents. The bed was unmarked. Interior was spotless. You could see all the little tags in the engine bay put on at the factory. Markings on the frame during assembly were still there. Exhaust was perfect. No leaks. Ran and drove.

The mice ate the wires on injector 1, so it had a miss. And a couple of wires had the insulation chewed off. That was the only damage I could see during inspection.

As for the bidding, there were only a few bidders. As a few had mentioned it started at 20, and the guy who ended up buying it was not budging. The determination he showed led me to believe that he was not going to be outbid.

At least we can add it to the registry and know the condition and location of this truck. I am also hopeful that with the sale price of this truck and the last few in the big auctions is showing and upswing in the market and awareness of the trucks, which is good for all of us.
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

I You could see all the little tags in the engine bay put on at the factory. Markings on the frame during assembly were still there. .

Yeah...noticed some of that. Keith woulda been drooling all over that engine bay. :cool: :drool:

Good going on the effort...too bad deep pockets were there, but as you said, the tide is turning on the value.
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Syclone @ US Marshal auction 1/29

A never driven truck with rust.Damn that sucks.Reminds me of "the last Typhoon" with 93 miles on it,I crawled under that thing and was very disappointed (because I've seen MINT undercarriages)

**** the Rustbelt.
 
Top