AutoVation
Member
The Sy is new to me and I'm getting ready to learn more than I probably want to know (upcoming vacuum line replacement, steering shaft install, tune up, reliability mods and then on to the fun stuff...). In the meantime, I have an urgent 3 part question:
1. One of the settings on my A/C went out a couple days ago. I check under the hood today and see this. Is this safe to drive? It looks like a hose goes where the arrow points but there isn't one there!
2. While looking at the "missing hose", I notice dried coolant that looks like it pooled just underneath as shown by the arrow. I believe the Sy had a heater core swap just before I bought it (3000 miles ago). Could this be left over?
3. Then I look at the coolant overflow tank and it's empty (and it's hot!). I never saw any increase on the temp gauge and the truck appears to run pretty good. I can't find a leak anywhere and there is NO puddle or residue on my garage floor. It's spotless.
1. One of the settings on my A/C went out a couple days ago. I check under the hood today and see this. Is this safe to drive? It looks like a hose goes where the arrow points but there isn't one there!
2. While looking at the "missing hose", I notice dried coolant that looks like it pooled just underneath as shown by the arrow. I believe the Sy had a heater core swap just before I bought it (3000 miles ago). Could this be left over?
3. Then I look at the coolant overflow tank and it's empty (and it's hot!). I never saw any increase on the temp gauge and the truck appears to run pretty good. I can't find a leak anywhere and there is NO puddle or residue on my garage floor. It's spotless.