AutoVation
Member
Not sure what this piece is? It's right behind the lower intercooler and appears to be leaking. Is this common?
I did the metal IC lines delete and replaced my stock pump with a Johnson pump and the lines with 3/4" heater hose about a year ago. I also hot-wired the IC pump to run continuously and haven't had any problems out of it. The only pain was burping the IC tank. :rant:
I don't think I have seen much on here with that being an issue?
Is it a stock pump?
Is the pump itself leaking? Or are one of the rubber lines to it leaking/come loose/break/wear out, etc.
I just took the stock pump off of mine and while it had some rust, corrosion and overall looked like ass, it wasn't leaking anywhere.
I am replacing it with an ic pump that Harmon recommended on eBay. I can't remember the manufacturer or the model, but I can look it up. If I recall correctly, it was no more than $60.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130445561394
Harmon recommended that one and since he knows his shit, that's what I went with.
However, my overall setup will be a close to stock, cruising, stop light racing every once in a while truck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130445561394
Harmon recommended that one and since he knows his shit, that's what I went with.
However, my overall setup will be a close to stock, cruising, stop light racing every once in a while truck.
I just got that pump from those guys. Question : Do you wire it Black-Black and Red-Orange? I assume this is correct considering Black on the truck has 0.0 resistance.
I just got that pump from those guys. Question : Do you wire it Black-Black and Red-Orange? I assume this is correct considering Black on the truck has 0.0 resistance.
Either of you guys have a pic of it installed?
Did you just drill a slot in the original ic bracket and use a larger hose clamp to hold it?
Working well for you so far?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130445561394
Harmon recommended that one and since he knows his shit, that's what I went with.
However, my overall setup will be a close to stock, cruising, stop light racing every once in a while truck.
OK wtf am I doing wrong? I got another pump from these guys and tested it with 12v before I installed it and it spun up. Pulled the ic back down and reinstalled the new pump. Put a bit of water in the cooler and turned the key on to give it power since my pump is hotwired and it is dead again. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Yes. Unplugged the connector to the new pump and it shows open again with my meter. Are you using the same pump from the same ebay dealer?