What year Vette Wheels

Icarus-54

Donating Old Member
Re: What year Vette Wheels

I run saw blades on the on ty and c5 y2k on the other.I use 1/2"spacers on the front and 1 1/4" on the back.I've also used zr-1 5 spoke with the same spacers.
 

nello

Active member
Re: What year Vette Wheels

Anybody using 16'' from an 1984?? Found a smoking deal on a set of four. Thx



 

atkonkler

Is this your bush?
Re: What year Vette Wheels

Usually almost all corvette wheels c and on were I thought...but I could be wrong..
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: What year Vette Wheels

They also look horrible on a SyTy. They are are going to need 3/4" spacer for fronts to align with the rear. They will stick out slightly.
 

nello

Active member
Re: What year Vette Wheels

thats cause they are ****ing ugly :D sorry, someone had to say it :lol:

haha! pretty much! My hammans need refinishing, so I need a spare set. CHEAP and bolt on are my only two goals.

OEM GM Grand Sport ZR1 style 17x11" rear, no spacer needed and OEM GM Grand Sport ZR1 style 17x9.5" front, no spacer needed...fwiw

http://www.syty.net/forums/showpost.php?p=797795&postcount=165

Yeah, that helps a lot. thx.
 

Jakazz75

New member
Re: What year Vette Wheels

Im using some C6 Grand Sport wheels 19x12 on the rear and and same style but for a C6 fronts wheels 18x9. With 1/4 inch spacer and they are working just fine..
 

2500avalanche

Well-known member
Re: What year Vette Wheels

I believe any of the c4 ZR1 wheels (there were a total of 4 different types)
89 (prototype)
90 (lug nuts exposed)
salad shooters
5 stars (grand sport) - Technically not a ZR1 wheel, but same dimensions.

I have the 90 Zr1 wheels. They look great. No spacers needed
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: What year Vette Wheels

A 9 inch wheel on the front will rub at full turn unless you lengthen the steering stops.Also gotta sawzall the axle shafts for the center caps to fit.
 

hatrik8

Donating Member
Anybody using 16'' from an 1984?? Found a smoking deal on a set of four. Thx









I had these when I bought my truck. I HATED how they looked. They are so ugly in general and definitely ugly on a syty. I had to get rid of them as soon as I had some cash to do so.
 

Z SKI

Donating Member
Re: What year Vette Wheels

A 9 inch wheel on the front will rub at full turn unless you lengthen the steering stops.Also gotta sawzall the axle shafts for the center caps to fit.

I have a set of OEM Grand Sports in 17x8.5" just in case... I did lengthen the steering stops though... We shall see soon if the 9.5" wide ones will rub :tup:
 

nello

Active member
Re: What year Vette Wheels

A 9 inch wheel on the front will rub at full turn unless you lengthen the steering stops.Also gotta sawzall the axle shafts for the center caps to fit.

Oh yeah, good call... I remember I hAd to do this to my old truck #0895 to get the c5 wagon wheel caps to fit....The pic below is from after the tire shop over torqued my action. When you're wheel sounds like a couple of maracas at 80mph, it's an oh shit moment.

959a8e37.jpg


 
Last edited:
Top