Weld-in 8-10 pt. roll cage???

Robert Lone

MUTANT
Does anyone make a quality 8 or 10 point roll cage for the s-10 body that allows a limber driver @ 6ft tall to drive it every day? I'm looking for safety first and comfort second. I'ts for my Ty that has already been chopped up pretty well. Prefer a weld-in cage...
 

Robert Lone

MUTANT
Re: Weld-in 8-10 pt. roll cage???

Was it in the truck when you bought it? If so, is it very complicated? With the measurments, I can fab another one.
 

Timbo

SyTy Stalker
Re: Weld-in 8-10 pt. roll cage???

Yes, it was in the truck when I bought it. The previous owner installed it, and those are actually his pictures. I don't know what you mean by "complicated". It's not difficult to get in and out of the front seats. The rear seat requires some gymnastics.
 

Syborg Twin Turbo

Syborg Twin Turbo
Re: Weld-in 8-10 pt. roll cage???

Here are a couple pics of the cage that is going in my truck

IMG_4984.jpg


IMG_4999.jpg
 

0966Sy

Code what?
Re: Weld-in 8-10 pt. roll cage???

Marty, How fast will that cage let you go at an NHRA track and be legal?
 

Syborg Twin Turbo

Syborg Twin Turbo
Re: Weld-in 8-10 pt. roll cage???

Well, my cage is not exactly legal. Everything inside the truck will be legal however the bar should actually come out the back window not below the window.

I don't plan to race the truck at the track. We just needed a way to stiffen the chassis and this was the best alternative.
 

Robert Lone

MUTANT
Re: Weld-in 8-10 pt. roll cage???

Thanks for the responses. Will probably cage it while Waller has my trans. Lots-o-help guys. Thanks again.... T-56(Robert)
 
Top