Transmission Cooler Ideas

turrrbo6

Member
Re: Transmission Cooler Ideas

kinda hard to see but behind the red bar is a tranny cooler with a fan. Just find a space under the bed and angle it so it catches air at speed. I didn't hear the fan come on very often.


DSCN2173.jpg
 

nello

Active member
Re: Transmission Cooler Ideas

:checkit:

DSC_0077.jpg


IMO nothing is better than having a cooler w/a thermostat & elec fan. I have this in addition to the front mount B&M. I think these trannys heat up so effing fast after a boost launch, or two, or three, or..eh four. Way back when I first started researching these trucks on syty, over and over I read, tranny (cooling) = weakest link.

Looks like plenty of other good ideas for you here. GL
 

johne30m3

Junior Member
Re: Transmission Cooler Ideas

:checkit:

DSC_0077.jpg


IMO nothing is better than having a cooler w/a thermostat & elec fan. I have this in addition to the front mount B&M. I think these trannys heat up so effing fast after a boost launch, or two, or three, or..eh four. Way back when I first started researching these trucks on syty, over and over I read, tranny (cooling) = weakest link.

Looks like plenty of other good ideas for you here. GL

Thats looks real nice up under the bed. I just bought a B&M tran cooler, where up front did you mount yours?
 
Top