Trans just revs at full throttle!

maliik

New member
Guy I bought it from says he blew out (OD) he thinks.You have to manual shift to OD after 55.If you do it to soon it will just rev up.Also in drive if you try to hit it revs.I can ride the freeway& go back 1 and it will take off.Do I need ah tranny or what?Who's in the Nor Cal good with SyTy Tranny's. :( :rant: :tdown:
 

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: Trans just revs at full throttle!

maliik said:
Guy I bought it from says he blew out (OD) he thinks.You have to manual shift to OD after 55.If you do it to soon it will just rev up.Also in drive if you try to hit it revs.I can ride the freeway& go back 1 and it will take off.Do I need ah tranny or what?Who's in the Nor Cal good with SyTy Tranny's. :( :rant: :tdown:

Busted sprag. Burnt overrun, probably 3-4s as well. Look for a broken forward clutch piston also. Busted sprag meaning it flipped, probably destroyed the overrun clutch hub as well. Yes. Rebuild. Probably whole new input drum, sprag, and input drum guts.
 

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: Trans just revs at full throttle!

Yes. All rebuild necessitate a converter.

Look down in my Prime Gears vendors forum to get an idea on pricing. Look under 700r4 prices. You don't have to buy from me just letting you know the info is there.
 

maliik

New member
Re: Trans just revs at full throttle!

Hey George!How much for everything to switch from 700r4 to 4l80e.Everything I need to just bolt up.Is it easier to install than the 700r? :roll:
 

maliik

New member
Re: Trans just revs at full throttle!

Yes I did.I'am tryin to get it fixed asap!What do you know about it?It runs pretty cool though engine wise.It has potential I think.
 

5SpdTy

Member
Re: Trans just revs at full throttle!

I only know that it was for sale at a good price and if it was closer to me you might not own it right now.:cool: . Good luck with it, sounded like a good truck. Just get the tranny fixed and you will be suprised of its potential.
 

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: Trans just revs at full throttle!

maliik said:
Hey George!How much for everything to switch from 700r4 to 4l80e.Everything I need to just bolt up.Is it easier to install than the 700r? :roll:

Go to my vendors forum. Prime Gears. Look under the sticky 4L80e prices. Everything is in there. Please read it. Many people are calling just to say, yeah, I saw it on the BB, just wanted to hear it from you, have a nice day....I don't get it. Just look there first. See if it's something in your price range. If you got a killer deal on the Ty, then this may be something to consider.
 

maliik

New member
Re: Trans just revs at full throttle!

Hey George sorry if I'am bothering you.I just want to enjoy my truck.I seen the prices,maybe I over looked the conversion kit part.I'am checking know.
 

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: Trans just revs at full throttle!

Your not bothering me. Just go through all those prices and read the descriptions. Look really close. The reason there are so many options is because some guys want to nickel and dime it and others want a package to show up and bolt it in and drive out of the garage. Just read the description really close.
 

maliik

New member
Re: Trans just revs at full throttle!

I want the 4l80e conversion kit,with the 9/11 3000 stall.The one that shows up,I bolt in and drive right out my garage.I don't want to keep playin with the tranny.And I want to drive it like it's stolen if I have to!


trying to get her done,so I can buy another one!
 
Last edited:

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: Trans just revs at full throttle!

4L80e's don't use a 9/11. I either use a 9.5" multiclutch lockup or a 10.5" single clutch switch pitch style. 9.5" is a really good strip converter. 10.5" is a really good all around converter. With the 80e you can definitely drive it like you stole it.
 

maliik

New member
Re: Trans just revs at full throttle!

I just got my tranny inspected,and was told it 's ah broken sprag.(Jim dandy transmission of Pinole ca.) said they can rebuild it.Is there something I should tell them.Are should I purchase one?The prices are fairly the same.But if I purchase one,I will have to install.If they build one,they'll install for the same price $2850.00.That's to rebuild and install.What do you guys think.This tranny thing is really racking my brain.(I just want to get here done!)I need advice fellas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tup: :2cents: RIP BROTHER :myclone:
 

H-TOWN-TYPHOON

You're killin' me, Smalls
Re: Trans just revs at full throttle!

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38968
George Blake said:
I only do 1 type of 700r4 build and it runs $2004+shipping provided you have a buildable core.
Add 9.5" billet 3 disc lockup converter for $955.50 with build.
$997.50 converter only.
12" Stock syty replacement converter $165.00.
$150 with build.

Seems like a much better way to go. A built tranny from a guy that works with the sytys and supports the board.
 
Top