The VTG Symaro

MikeRenz

not stock
Our local liason and the crazy Pols are at it again. This time they made an awd camaro with a full frame and awd setup from a syty...slightly different motor setup from our normal though: GM BLOCK 383 with J&E pistons, Comp Cams billet cam, Eagle rods and crank, and AFR heads and twin turbos. It made 1004hp, and they're expecting mid 8s from it, hopefully this weekend.

symaro.jpg


01.jpg


02.jpg


03.jpg


04.jpg


05.jpg


Hopefully we'll get some #s and video(s) soon! Pretty cool stuff. For the noobs, VTG built an awd Syvette by mating the front half of a sy chassis to a c3 frame.: http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71631&highlight=syvette

and also an 8sec v8 powered typhoon (vids in the link above). They race in some of the same european events that Robert "MrSyclone" gets to. Both VTG and Robert have won different things, but i don't think they've ever yet lined up against each other - would definitely be a race i'd love to see!
 

alwayscode390

pppssssshhhhhtttttttttttt
Re: The VTG Symaro

Damn, at first glance I was like WTF about the drag radials on the front , hahah!!!! ---
 

The Bronze

New member
From the side, the rear tires offset looks great. From the back, it looks like they have a truck axle back there. Wait...they do.

I had my mustang fastback sitting next to my syclone project and the thought crossed my mind to do AWD as well. Glad somebody did it!
 

Loeryder

New member
Re: The VTG Symaro

I recall the first gen f body's having a fairly close wheelbase to the sy.

We have bs'd about setting one on a sy frame so I am glad someone is finally doing it!

Can't wait to see the passes that thing makes.
 

canadian

sy in progress
Re: The VTG Symaro

Is that the full frame, or did they just lop the front off and replace the factory Camaro front sub frame with it? That would be interesting to know.
 

SoP

New member
Re: The VTG Symaro

Nice!!! I wonder how long it took to build? I really want to hear the thing sounds.
 
Top