syclone performance issues

elec87

New member
Today I took the syclone out for a drive and have noticed a problem with the unit.

First it started and held a higher than normal idle (1200) for about 30 seconds before kicking down.
The truck also seems to run alot smoother upon start up when cold with no rough idle and feels great power wise, after warm up the unit feels strong up to part throttle and really moves well. After warm up the truck has issues with 3/4's to full throttle it feels like it hits a brick wall and the boost gauge is going higher than normal it just about pegs out, the strange part is how the truck feels like it has a heavy miss under medium to full load and vibrates pretty bad. I have also noticed the truck is making a loud blow off noise it never did under deceleration after loading the boost up a bit. Once the truck is warm at idle is also has a rougher idle is this normal? The truck was running flawlessly after replacing the cracked manifold and stong for a few weeks then it just got sick.
I also noticed that this truck will starve for fuel a 1/4 tank of gas or less it will launch well but then fall on it's face like it runs out of fuel is that normal for these trucks?
I am upset with the truck right now and miss the good old sleeper power it used to have. Any help would be great and thanks for reading this.
Elec
 

Ty0279

Historically Significant
Re: syclone performance issues

elec87 said:
After warm up the truck has issues with 3/4's to full throttle it feels like it hits a brick wall and the boost gauge is going higher than normal it just about pegs out, the strange part is how the truck feels like it has a heavy miss under medium to full load and vibrates pretty bad.
Do you have an aftermarket boost gauge or are you looking at the stock boost gauge? Sounds like you have some ignition issues if the truck is missing. If it feels like it's hitting a 'brick wall',...sounds like you're truck is overboosting.

I have also noticed the truck is making a loud blow off noise it never did under deceleration after loading the boost up a bit.
Turbo flutter. Normal,... not really a *good* thing for the turbo though.


I also noticed that this truck will starve for fuel a 1/4 tank of gas or less it will launch well but then fall on it's face like it runs out of fuel is that normal for these trucks?
Normal with only a 1/4 tank. If you're launching, you'll want at least a 1/2 tank of gas in there.
 

elec87

New member
It has 3k on the tune up do these things really kill ignition parts that quick?
I guess There goes another 100 bucks...
 

elec87

New member
Well the brick wall would be a over statement it actually feels like it is chained to a heavy trailor as it seems to want to make power but can't like a engine being loaded on a dyno.
 

Ty0279

Historically Significant
elec87 said:
Well the brick wall would be a over statement it actually feels like it is chained to a heavy trailor as it seems to want to make power but can't like a engine being loaded on a dyno.

Also, you might want to check your IC pump...could be dead/dying.
 

elec87

New member
I put the ngk plugs in and used the conrad cap and rotor along with msd plug wires. Seems sad to have a set of msd wires die so soon...
 

elec87

New member
I has not sold, it seems as if everyone falls through. So I just decided to drive it as a daily until is sells.
 

GM TURBO

Sell Out
You'll get more than 3K out of ignition parts if you use the good stuff - which you did.

Elec - do you have Datamaster by chance? Might help give a better indication of what is going on.
 

elec87

New member
I downloaded some free runs for my lt1 unit is there a place to download a free trial run for the 4.3 or where sould I guy it from?
 
Top