Project: Typhoon 0437

Icarus-54

Donating Old Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

So when you take your foot off the gas,the pressure between the throttle body and the turbo doesn't cause the turbo to spin backwards,and eventually kill the bearings in the turbo
 

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

I have a bov laying around.. Just don't have the hard pipe.. You got one or know anyone? I need one anyways since I using the old brittle stock one
 

bundie

New member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

RPM has them on there website,sportmachines may also have them not sure...

or a piece of straight pipe with 2 silicone couplers
 

bundie

New member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

you can try ebay for a universal pipe with bov flange.

i have a flange welded to the RPM hardpipe....
 

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

well after a long weekend... my 60# injectors are in, all of the blue from wire looms and vac lines is gone and now black.. I ziptied all the ends to make sure no leaks which sure enough i get a bit more vac now then before. Also painted valve covers and intake, been thinking maybe painting my rims this color also..
heres what i started with after taking intake off... so nasty :( blahh!!!




one of the iat ports was fully clogged, got that cleaned out at work before i painted everything





and for now how it looks.. Still need to do the belt assembly brackets, and change out the coolant lines and paint a few other misc things but for now, i wont be embarresed to pop the hood at shows..




And when i got home tonight, id like to thank sportmachines and turbotweek for the parts this weekend.. I was able to turn the boost up to 18psi tonight w/ 0 knock on 93oct and holy hell.. Still need to figure out the torque convertor but meh, im happy with it.. She runs, drives, and puts a smile on my face.
 

Sean Krupa

Moderator
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

Looks a lot better than the rainbow engine bay lol jk. Since you don't have AC, you should get the RPM AC Delete setup to get rid of that bracket and such.
 

Sy-1177

Turbo Inside
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

Whatcha guys think about painting the rims that color?
I think they will look good! I just saw a black/ gray Ty this weekend and he painted his wheels that same color and it really looked sharp! Granted it matched the cladding and yours wouldnt but I still say go for it!
 

SEL777

One of 101
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

I love my Grey wheels, but mines White & Grey. Looks nice with the upgraded brakes and rotors too.
 

pearl91chevy

Donating Member
Re: Project: Typhoon 0437

alright i think you guys got me talked into it.. just need the time... im having problems trying to get my datamaster to connect to the pcm.. any suggestions?? ive searched on it, adjusted that number between 180-210, have shut off and turned on laptop, checked connections like crazy.. Its on com port 3 like always.. This hasnt happened till i got the new tt chip.. i got one log out of it and came back home and parked it for day.. Came back out next morning and lost all connection to pcm but its all plugged in. using moates cable btw
 
Top