Prelude (supposedly turbo'd) and BMW 330...

AutoVation

Member
A couple weeks into ownership and these 2 are the only cars that tried to outrun me. The 330 from a light and the Prelude from a 45mph roll. Both were put away immediately and rather easily. The BMW had no idea what a Syclone but the Prelude... I think did. He came up to me and reved his engine to go. The guy in the Prelude tried to race me before when I was driving the NSX and had his window down telling me he was turbo'd. I did not try anything (there was traffic around). I know he doesn't know that it was me in the Syclone... LOL. I still don't know if his Prelude is truely turbo'd because I don't have a real gage. I pulled about 3 car lenths from 45mph to 80mph before I shut it down.

In other news, I also took down a turbo Civic (huge front intercooler I could see in my rear view mirror ;) ) with my IS350 on the way to work the other day. Only by a carlength from a standstill to 70mph. I was surprised how fast he was and I think he was surprised as well. :)
 

ThaJokr

Super Member
Re: Prelude (supposedly turbo'd) and BMW 330...

Good kills, those IS350's are surprising a lot of people. They run mid 13's with just some exhaust work done.
 

AutoVation

Member
Re: Prelude (supposedly turbo'd) and BMW 330...

ThaJokr said:
Good kills, those IS350's are surprising a lot of people. They run mid 13's with just some exhaust work done.

The best thing on the IS350 is that it is never out of its powerband. Perfect gearing at all speeds. It's a 6spd auto that is geared similar to an M3. I've pulled a ram air T/A and a C4 Corvette both from about 20mph to 70mph. The only street losses have been in the NSX, one to an '03 Cobra modded and the other to a SL65 AMG (while the guy was on his cell phone...).
 

typhoon fever

ty comming soooon
Re: Prelude (supposedly turbo'd) and BMW 330...

MSRP$186,775*
EngineAMG-built twin-turbocharged 6.0L SOHC 36-valve V-12 engine
Net Power604 hp @ 4,800 rpm
Net Torque738 lb-ft @ 2,000 - 4,000 rpm
haha
its ok to lose to that
 

EcSy#2671

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Re: Prelude (supposedly turbo'd) and BMW 330...

typhoon fever said:
MSRP$186,775*
EngineAMG-built twin-turbocharged 6.0L SOHC 36-valve V-12 engine
Net Power604 hp @ 4,800 rpm
Net Torque738 lb-ft @ 2,000 - 4,000 rpm
haha
its ok to lose to that

I raced one of those the night my motor blew in my Sy. The Guy driving did not know what the hell he was doing, because this black s15 keep kick his a$$ of the line. Ha ha ha that was a fun night. :rotf:
 
Top