Need to build new door panels.. advice??

ParTyBoy

New member
Well... found myself in a nice little predicament again... seeing as my Syclones not mobile and parked.. I figured I'd see how the recaro sport seat fit in the truck now that I received a seat mount from wedge that fit... Bolt the mount in with some effort.. attach the seat/rails to the mount.
bolt it down... then go to close the door...
and *bump*... THe lower seat bolster support is interfering with door from closing.. Basically the arm rest on the door which sticks out 2 or so inches is keeping the door from closing.... So basically New door panels are going to have to me built so that the handle/armrest closes back towards the door & doesn't follow towards the rear... Anyone have any experience with fiberglass that would consider making stock panels with the exception of the smaller door armrest & No carpet area?? Jeff Scott??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cHoCco on 2002-03-11 19:56 ]</font>
 

7dhamper

New member
I have 2 6.5 coaxels in each door where the pocket used to be. I have a tweeter above the power window and door lock box basically right where the mirror is. I removed the factory arm rest because it was either that or bring the center consil up 4 inches to match it. I hate lop-sided, not uniform, unsemetrical, bad design, factory CRAP! I now have some chromed boat grips mounted to the steel door. I can get pics. I can send you a pair of modified S-10 door panels but you will have to transfer the leather inserts (there are some nice ones on E-bay for $75.00) and the lock and window boxes. This would be a nice time to have the leather inserts embroidered "Typhoon" or "Syclone". Which do you have? Would you want 6X9 holes instead? Let me know:
c_town216@yahoo.com
 

ParTyBoy

New member
On 2002-03-13 13:13, 7dhamper wrote:
I have 2 6.5 coaxels in each door where the pocket used to be. I have a tweeter above the power window and door lock box basically right where the mirror is. I removed the factory arm rest because it was either that or bring the center consil up 4 inches to match it. I hate lop-sided, not uniform, unsemetrical, bad design, factory CRAP! I now have some chromed boat grips mounted to the steel door. I can get pics. I can send you a pair of modified S-10 door panels but you will have to transfer the leather inserts (there are some nice ones on E-bay for $75.00) and the lock and window boxes. This would be a nice time to have the leather inserts embroidered "Typhoon" or "Syclone". Which do you have? Would you want 6X9 holes instead? Let me know:
c_town216@yahoo.com

Haha funny you should mention the inserts..
I won that auction.. :smile: wanted the black leather to match the leather center console shifter and a pair of jeff scott's vinyl syclone insignia door panels... They also have a 6.5" hole for a mid speaker... This in combination with the black recaro seats I was trying to remove the red uhpolstery outlining entirely... Yes I'd definitely be interested to see what you did to your vehicle... However, I'm not going to even try and attack this unitl July... This is right around when I should hope to have the truck painted... So in the meantime it's me searching for possible sollutions... Thanks..

Jamie Lopez
Anchorage,Alaska
Sy #728
 

ParTyBoy

New member
Here's one option i might end up pursuing through Ken Scott...

Here's a regular pic Ken sent me:

MVC-012S.jpg


And here's the same pic doctored up on photoshop

Revamp.jpg
 

spooldup

Super Member
When you guys did the door panel pods did you have to raise the mid out from the door or was it flush? I ask this because the last pods i made i had to raise them like 4 inches otherwise the window hit the magnet.
 

7dhamper

New member
Mine start pretty flush but get fatter as they go down so the speakers are aiming up at me. I made them using small plastic ice cream buckets on MDF with lots of fiberglass.
 
Top