just got a new truck and I am having some performance issues...datamaster file inside

elec87

New member
Okay guys I drove the unit around for a while last night and datalogged the whole thing this file is pretty big. Is anyone willing to take a look at it and tell me what you thing is going on? I would be more than gratefull.
Thanks
Elec

Not sure if this is uploaded right if it's not I am confused as to how to get it right. I can email anyone and would be willing to give some money if You can help me figure this out.

http://members.aol.com/elecarndt/sy.uni
 

skwayb

NWSTP
Re: just got a new truck and I am having some performance issues...datamaster file inside

Re: just got a new truck and I am having some performance issues...datamaster file inside

Well I see the following:

1) Need to get rid of the Knock Retard you are getting... Anything over 3 degrees is considered bad. 0 degress is Ideal. So first make sure you do a full tune up. Conrad Cap, rotor, NGK Ur6 plugs or AC Delco CR42TS plugs, and Taylor Spark plug wires. Make sure you Ohm test each spark plug wire to make sure none of them are way off. (I.e. 200 ohms next one is 2000 ohm... bad wire)

1b) Check the timing with the Tan Wire disconnected. It should be at 0 degrees.

2) Your Intake Temps (IA Temp) where way high. 149F will definitely cause KR. What was ambient and is the Intercooler pump wired to run all the time or is it even working?

3) You're not getting full boost it looks like. Might need to adjust the WG rod a turn or 2 to get it in the right spot. But need to get rid of Knock Retard and running correctly before even looking at this. Cause by getting it to run with no Knock Retard could get you closer to the Target Boost.

4) You O2 MV look good at WOT so check 1 and 2 first.

Knock Retard is what is cauing hte lack of performance. I wouldn't get it on hard until you get rid of the Knock Retard. You could blow you motor if your not careful.
 

elec87

New member
Re: just got a new truck and I am having some performance issues...datamaster file inside

Re: just got a new truck and I am having some performance issues...datamaster file inside

The ambient temp was about 55 last night. I did notice the intake temps were really high. I added a sureflow intercooler pump last summer and hard wired it and did have it on during the runs. The setup does not look like it is moving a ton of fluid through it though and I am wondering if there is a issue with it still.

I will check the timming this evening. I did a good tune on the unit last summer and have around 3500 to 4k on the parts Msd plug wires, conrad cap and rotor with ngk plugs.

I suspect maybe a good tune up would be in order just to rule out those parts.

I really think that the intake air temps are comming into play and wonder what to do about lowering them what is the ideal air temp under boost?
Also thanks for your input I really apreciate it.
Elec
 

spooldup

Super Member
Re: just got a new truck and I am having some performance issues...datamaster file inside

Re: just got a new truck and I am having some performance issues...datamaster file inside

I didn't check out the dm run but if your boost control is all over i would suggest getting an electronic controller like a profec b or something. You need to start with one thing at a time and make everything equal so you know where you stand. If you don't have a controller i would run a vac line from the compressor to the gate for now so you can have solid boost control. I would then run some high octane fuel like 110 and see if the kr is still there afer i checked my timing of course. I bet some of the kr is false knock. Make sure everything is tight and the exhaust is not hitting the frame etc...... I haven't been w2a in a long time but i seem to remeber with my temps were not too far from ambient. I know i used to have condensation on the upper but i did also have a cas lower with spals and an atr front cooler. You should make sure that your lines are not backwards as well. I know when i got my first ty the lines were reversed and it didn't flow very well.
 

elec87

New member
Re: just got a new truck and I am having some performance issues...datamaster file inside

Re: just got a new truck and I am having some performance issues...datamaster file inside

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check that out.
 

JJsyclone1128

New member
Re: just got a new truck and I am having some performance issues...datamaster file inside

Re: just got a new truck and I am having some performance issues...datamaster file inside

im gonna guess and say youve replaced the steel tubing intercooler lines with 3/4 heater hose, but if you didnt the steel tubing could be clogged up, i know when i replaced mine they were filled with a black soot. hard as a rock and taking up alot of space in the tubing.
 
Top