Interior door panels

InvisiBill

Active member
Last week the Sy was nice enough to pop off the spring on the inside door handle. It just annoys me, so I want to get this fixed.

I always seem to break or lose those trim panel fasteners though. Any tips on getting ours off? Where (not) to start, what to watch out for, etc.?

And once I get the Sy done, I can do it on my S-10 too. Stupid trucks...
 

Ian Turgeon

Cascading Inspiration
My dad went to a junk yard to find a handle. Bring tools to pop the pin out and recover the spring, that way you dont have to pay for the whole handle. (all but one of the handle's springs were broken where we went)

Im pretty sure it takes a buddy to help put the spring in.
 

Tooky

Serious about performance
My Sy also popped the driver's door handle spring. Where should I start to fix this? Is there a guide or service manual section I can refer to? Is the part available through GM for cheap?
 
Top