edelbrock tie rod sleeves part number

AutoVation

Member
Re: edelbrock tie rod sleeves part number

www.sytyauthority.net

i always buy the moog stuff. no need to go fancy when you can DD your trucks :D

Do not get the moog rod sleeves. They are stamped sheet metal that is then rolled into a tube. No where near as durable as the edelbrock or some of the other sleeves shown in this thread. In this case "fancy" is functional!
 

sharkbait

New member
Re: edelbrock tie rod sleeves part number

4_24_2006_003.jpg


thats the hotness beartrackers on a typhoon


pure sexy. nice setup.:tdown:
 
Re: edelbrock tie rod sleeves part number

I bought those, based on this thread and they are just a tad small. They dont fit the moog inner and outter tie rods I just bought, not sure if the parts joint gave me the wrong tie rods or...


Summit says they're for f-bodys. I thought s-series stuff was similar to b-body stuff?
 

Daron

Active member
Re: edelbrock tie rod sleeves part number

Summit says they're for f-bodys. I thought s-series stuff was similar to b-body stuff?

Not sure what is up. I went back to the parts joint and got a moog stamped steel sleeve and all is good. Now I have a set of sleeves that I cant use.
 

Syclone#892

Member
Re: edelbrock tie rod sleeves part number

I have a set of the edelbrock sleeves on my sy, they gave me 3 left hand thread nuts and 1 right hand thread :rant:
I have found out we have the uncommon thread size tie rods. From what I can come up with ours are 11/16 where as most others are 5/8 or 3/4.
The sleeves you got are probably for a 2wd s-10 which has 5/8 tie rods from what I remember.

I think there are a couple other companies that make the sleeves for our trucks but they usually list them for another car just can't remember which one right now :(

I think edelbrocks site says which vehicles they fit, i think the part# was a 5252

Good luck!
 
Top