Custom Seat Question.....

Windedv6

Ty n 10s
I am toying with the idea of putting my 93 Ty seats in storage and installing race style front seats. The main reason for this is the installation of a roll cage and 4 point harness. Also, I don't think these seats should take the continued punishment of the track. I have a set of used Recaro's and am eying a set of Corbeau's. In either case my local custom shop will do the leather upholstery work. And no, I am not ricing out my Ty. These will be very similar to the stock seat, but a touch more aggressive looking, have the built-in slots for the harness and have the same matching leather as stock.

We have looked through the GM sample books and have had several swatches sent to us, but so far nothing matches. Does anyone know the real color or dye that is used for our 93 TY's. I have tried the search function and have exhausted the graphite and charcoal colors. Somewhere we are missing....something, as I was believing that it was in the graphite or charcoal family.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

John
 
Re: Custom Seat Question.....

I had a pair of The Corbeau CR1s (I think they are called that...) and they were comfy as hell (it felt like my car was giving me a hug!) not to mention they kept you in one place very well! Out of experience I recomend the Corbeaus 9.0/10 ::thumbsup::

only downside was that the leather used to make some parts of the seats were not quality leather :roll:

Here is a picture of the exact seat I had as well as the measurements.

CR1_black.jpg
CR1dim.gif
 

imported_ty1724

New member
those would look good if only you could get them with a gray back so they would resemble the stockers i think that would look killer
 
Top