Blow off valves..which one works the best?

brock1949

Its alive!!!
Hey guys i had a vortec maxflow race valve and a freind of mine needed one so i sold it to him... i was running that on a supercharged setup.

Now i find out i need one thats closed at idle and is set to what vacum i'll be runing at. I've never ran the motor how will i know what the vacum is, my old motor which the only thing i carred over was the intake and its gone through a MPFI conversion it used to run about 15in hg.

So at the TiAL blow off valves the best ones? i've noticed some for around 199-220 shipped with the flanges. Are these going to work with up to 20-24lbs of boost? Or do i need to goto a different valve?

I'm a little lost here and getting down to the wire, were hoping to start the truck this week.

Thanks everyone!
 

QUICK STORM

B.A.M.F. BMW Tech
Re: Blow off valves..which one works the best?

HKS is good, pretty much any blow off valve will work.
 

wantingasy

Active member
Re: Blow off valves..which one works the best?

I have an HKS SSQV blow off valve and I like it. I'm also only running about 15 pounds so I don't know how it would work for your application.
 

brock1949

Its alive!!!
Re: Blow off valves..which one works the best?

Man those HKS's are a fortune, am i missing something or are they just 300 dollars lol. What do you guys think of the TiAL blow off valves? I wan considering one because i have a TiAL wastegate to be gay and make them match.

i am going to slowly work my way up but i am building it to handle 20-24lbs of boost so i really don't want to switch them later.
 

93TyGuy

Boost Freak
Re: Blow off valves..which one works the best?

Tial makes a really nice BOV. I have a friend up here that is running one on his SRT4 and he runs like 20 ish lbs in it.
 

brock1949

Its alive!!!
Re: Blow off valves..which one works the best?

Alright take a look at these,..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HKS-...tegoryZ33742QQihZ017QQitemZ270004102112QQrdZ1

Thats a HKS or i think... about 200 dollars shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOT-...tegoryZ33742QQihZ018QQitemZ280005183640QQrdZ1

Another HKS deal...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tial...010QQitemZ200003886760QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

And this which i've talked to these guys.. in dayton ohio, some local guys. ordering straight from TiAL and getting them drop shipped. 199 shipped

And this one!, Which says its a heavier spring for a 14 to 17in HG idle vacum... which my old motor ran at 15in hg ,.. no idea what the new ones going to run at. Think this is a better option ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TIAL...010QQitemZ200004828086QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

So whats everyone think ? What do you guys run for vacum at idle? My cam is going to be like a 270ahr.. or 422 i think is the other number.

thanks again!
 

RSpengler

Ghetto Fab Specialist.
Re: Blow off valves..which one works the best?

TiAL RoCKS. Do it.

I have a fake TiAL on my truck and it works good and is very loud. I got it off ebay for $80 shipped.
-Rob
 

brock1949

Its alive!!!
Re: Blow off valves..which one works the best?

can't get that link to work.. So your vacum is near 25.. hmm. My cam is .500 lift area and 215-225 @ .50 area so not sure what the vacum will be, with a similar cam the 266ahr .500/.500 2101/215 i think thats the specs or close my old motor ran 15in hg ..
 

93TyGuy

Boost Freak
Re: Blow off valves..which one works the best?

brock1949 said:
can't get that link to work.. So your vacum is near 25.. hmm. My cam is .500 lift area and 215-225 @ .50 area so not sure what the vacum will be, with a similar cam the 266ahr .500/.500 2101/215 i think thats the specs or close my old motor ran 15in hg ..
My vaccuum WAS 25hg with a STOCK cam...then I blew it up. I too will be running a 422 cam when my motor is finished. just so we are clear.
 

brock1949

Its alive!!!
Re: Blow off valves..which one works the best?

Hmm ok, Anyone know what a 422 area cam runs at for vacum?

And which valve and or vendor do you guys think?
 

brock1949

Its alive!!!
Re: Blow off valves..which one works the best?

ordered a TiAL with a 9psi spring. 214 shipped fast. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
 

attackdog

New member
Re: Blow off valves..which one works the best?

brock1949:
Well... how did the BOV work? Can it handle over 20psi?
-Deano
 
Top