93 typhoon prior salvage #0125

williamh

New member

williamh

New member
Re: 93 typhoon prior salvage #0125

I've added more pictures to the photo bucket account.
Known problems with the truck
* The turn signal lever sometimes makes the wipers kick on once

* The neutral safety switch in the counsel needs adjusted ( You have to rock the shifter for it to start, very rarely does this happen)

* The cladding in the passenger door sill has a weird calk on it, and the drivers has paint chips along the top

*The shocks are stock I think ( I was going to save up and lower it so it didn't matter at the time)

* There are holes and a small crack on the center console, along with a small hole by the rear wiper switch

*The intake tube is cracked on the ends but the turbo fins are fine

If I think of anything more I will post up. Thank you, William
 

williamh

New member
Re: 93 typhoon prior salvage #0125

So I was showing the truck to a frame and body guy, the frame is still tweaked. Ive learned a huge lesson on checking everything over before you buy. When I bought the truck I was excited to buy it and took his word that the frame was straight.

What do I do now, is the truck worth anything? Sorry to bug you guys, I'm also sorry I didn't contribute much to the forums as a member.Thank you , William.


Here are some pictures

http://s992.photobucket.com/albums/af43/19williamh86/
 

henry283

Member
Re: 93 typhoon prior salvage #0125

Is the title clean or is it still a salvage? Makes a huge difference in resale value and who might be interested in buying it. A bend frame is expensive to fix. It either has to be straightened at a frame shop or swap for another. Either way a ton of work and $ that a new owner would have to factor into their offer.
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: 93 typhoon prior salvage #0125

depends on how bad the tweak in the frame is.. body lines look ok from a few of the pics.. straightening the frame might actually ruin that alignment..

i hate to say it, but i agree with jimmy.. 2k
 

mikew

New member
Re: 93 typhoon prior salvage #0125

I think 2k is a little light, you could part it out for more than that, hell I think all the cladding is worth 1k alone. :2cents:
 

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks
Re: 93 typhoon prior salvage #0125

Its a 93 , i think the 2k would be more accurate on a 92 with identical conditions . I say 3k , lol .
 
Top