4" cowl hood on a ty?or sy?? any pics?

alwayswantedone

Donating Member
Re: 4" cowl hood on a ty?or sy?? any pics?

This sy appears to have the same hood I have

SYCLONE3.jpg


More pics of the same sy for you Rob http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/ss160/v6turbo/viperracings sy forsale/
 

alwayswantedone

Donating Member
Re: 4" cowl hood on a ty?or sy?? any pics?

How much did you lower the back of your Ty? Also, did you do something to the front bumper to minimize the gap in the cladding?

2 inch waller blocks in the rear. The truck had small/short tires on it at the time 255/40/17 so there is a bit of a gap. At the time of the pic the bumper was just the way it was when I bought it. I never did anything to it. You should see the gap now after the other side got hit and pushed it all the way together.

Here are some pics of it with the same stance and normal size tires....275/40/17

Wrenchsessionplace004.jpg


Wrenchsessionplace037.jpg
 
Last edited:

alwayswantedone

Donating Member
Re: 4" cowl hood on a ty?or sy?? any pics?

jeff, whats up with the cheapo front grill?

When I first moved up here to the Poconos I had a deer run out and I hit it. I didn't know that they were going to use aftermarket grill for the repairs. I have a real ty grill to put on but it needs to be painted to match.
 

absintheisfun

1993 TY 0722
Re: 4" cowl hood on a ty?or sy?? any pics?

******sorry to jack the post!******

2 inch waller blocks in the rear. The truck had small/short tires on it at the time 255/40/17 so there is a bit of a gap. At the time of the pic the bumper was just the way it was when I bought it. I never did anything to it. You should see the gap now after the other side got hit and pushed it all the way together.

Here are some pics of it with the same stance and normal size tires....275/40/17.

I've got 17's on my Ty now and I really dig the stance on your truck. Do your blocks come with the "set back" adjustment built in or do you have the plates from JTR?

I've got coilovers coming in the next few days, but I'm going to wait to put them on until I can figure the front and back ride height.
 

alwayswantedone

Donating Member
Re: 4" cowl hood on a ty?or sy?? any pics?

******sorry to jack the post!******



I've got 17's on my Ty now and I really dig the stance on your truck. Do your blocks come with the "set back" adjustment built in or do you have the plates from JTR?

I've got coilovers coming in the next few days, but I'm going to wait to put them on until I can figure the front and back ride height.

Thanks and yeah the blocks have the pins set up to center the rear wheels. I would imagine John has more just pm him about it jwaller.
 

double_s

New member
Re: 4" cowl hood on a ty?or sy?? any pics?

that white ty is awesome. i think 4" cowls are a little bit overkill, 2-2.5" is ideal and low key
 

alwayswantedone

Donating Member
Re: 4" cowl hood on a ty?or sy?? any pics?

that white ty is awesome. i think 4" cowls are a little bit overkill, 2-2.5" is ideal and low key

Thanks.....I wasn't sure about the hood when I first bought the ty but it quickly grew on me and now I really like it. To each their own though.
 
Top