#0720's Underhood makeover!

s10blaza

BOOSTED
Re: #0720's Underhood makeover!

I ordered all my powders tonight!

Ultimate Chrome
CULT.JPG


Charcoal Metallic
AUTOCHARCOALMETALLICGLASSWEB.JPG


Mirror Black
MIRRORBLACKWEB5.JPG


and 2 lbs of Ultra Crystal Clear, the pics are borrowed off the website of course. Can't wait!
 

s10blaza

BOOSTED
Re: #0720's Underhood makeover!

Finally got time to get some more work done, I'll go straight to the pics
Painted the inner fenders
Before
DSCF3545.jpg

Afters
DSCF3546.jpg

DSCF3548.jpg

DSCF3541.jpg

Relocated MAP sensor to the firewall
DSCF3580.jpg

Re-did all the loom, I ran out of the thin one, I need to get another pack tomorrow
DSCF3578.jpg

Took my old, rusty, beat to shit underhood light
DSCF3549.jpg

After
DSCF3553.jpg

DSCF3550.jpg

Got my coil/MAP sensor bracket, chopped it a little and powder coated it. This charcoal powder is awesome!
DSCF3554.jpg

No flash
DSCF3577.jpg

Flash
DSCF3576.jpg

Also tried the chrome powder on my crank pulley
DSCF3560.jpg

DSCF3561.jpg

DSCF3562.jpg

DSCF3568.jpg
 

s10blaza

BOOSTED
Re: #0720's Underhood makeover!

Got my rebuilt throttle body back from Matt Blum. I didn't pay for the beauty treatment since I will be powder coating it my own color

Befores
DSCF3590.jpg


DSCF3589.jpg


After
DSCF3595.jpg


DSCF3594.jpg


DSCF3597.jpg


Wrapped the crossover and downpipe

DSCF3598.jpg


DSCF3602.jpg


DSCF3604.jpg


New steering stabilizer to replace the crappy $10 gabriel one on there

DSCF3607.jpg


Did the thermostat housing. i might just get a new one altogether and re-coat it.

DSCF3596.jpg
 

s10blaza

BOOSTED
Re: #0720's Underhood makeover!

Got up early to work it some more today, made pretty good progress considering I only had a few hours

Ugh

DSCF3593.jpg


Degreased them and stripped them, the one on the right is after blasting

DSCF3610.jpg


Mirror Black
DSCF3620.jpg


DSCF3621.jpg


Charcoal gray for the WP

DSCF3626.jpg


DSCF3622.jpg



More chrome goodness

DSCF3619.jpg


DSCF3618.jpg


Pre-baked my lower intake for half an hour at 400*. This will prevent outgassing and bubbles on the powder coat. I had some of that happen on the throttle body

DSCF3631.jpg


And that's where I stopped today.

I'm torn on what to do with the lower though. I don't know if I should paint it black and paint the plenum chrome similar to this

Jerrod017.jpg


or do them both in chrome like similar to this

2779172543_cafabba949_b.jpg
 

KDBL1TY

Member
Re: #0720's Underhood makeover!

You got the bug bad. Keep up the good work. Got me thinking about how to up my game. Fall is here. OK lets see the turbo.
 

s10blaza

BOOSTED
Re: #0720's Underhood makeover!

I finally finished powder coating everything but the alternator. Still need to finish taking it apart

Oven fresh
DSCF3641.jpg


DSCF3642.jpg


DSCF3658.jpg


Left bracket
DSCF3660.jpg


DSCF3661.jpg


Right side bracket
DSCF3663.jpg


I also realized I accidentally left the compressor face up and unplugged. I have been sandblasting for over a week so I didn't want to take the chance and got a shiny new Delphi compressor

DSCF3665.jpg


Starting to look like an engine again

DSCF3649.jpg


DSCF3647.jpg


DSCF3657.jpg


The plenum is just thrown on there for the pics. I'm going to fill in the SYCLONE lettering on it today or tomorrow

DSCF3652.jpg


DSCF3653.jpg



Before and after, this kind of puts it into perspective how much shit I've done to it :eek:

DSCF3441.jpg


DSCF3655.jpg
 

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks
Re: #0720's Underhood makeover!

Thats really looking good . I love real clean white/whites . :tup:
 

s10blaza

BOOSTED
Re: #0720's Underhood makeover!

Filled in the letters with touch up paint, I'll clear them today

DSCF3668.jpg


DSCF3669.jpg


DSCF3673.jpg


Coated the alternator mirror black

DSCF3675.jpg


DSCF3678.jpg


Getting there

DSCF3679.jpg
 

Mtn Z

Donating Member
Re: #0720's Underhood makeover!

That's looks amazing! A little dedication goes a long way from what I see there. :tup:
 

s10blaza

BOOSTED
Re: #0720's Underhood makeover!

More pic goodness! I'm getting in a better mood each day as I get closer to getting it back on the road

full engine shot
DSCF3681.jpg



Alternator, I'm rather proud of this one. It was my first time ever disassembling an alternator, much more simple than I thought
DSCF3685.jpg


Finally cleared in the lettering
DSCF3684.jpg


My awesome $18 catch can
DSCF3687.jpg


DSCF3688.jpg


Started polishing my accumulator

DSCF3690.jpg


DSCF3691.jpg


Bought a universal "GM style" overflow
DSCF3693.jpg


5000K HID kit
DSCF3695.jpg


I should also be receiving my EGR blockoff plate from SY2932. I'll be getting one just like the one on the left. One hell of a guy, I'll never hesitate to give him more of my business.

IMG_2073.sized.jpg
 

Z SKI

Donating Member
Re: #0720's Underhood makeover!

Looks great. Nice attention to detail, and yes Mike is the shizzle :tup:
 

Sean Krupa

Moderator
Re: #0720's Underhood makeover!

Did you ever powder and ceramic coat the turbo like you said you were going to? I would like to see how it turns out being that's what I want to do soon.

Keep up the good work! :tup:
 
Top