Which Oil?

Syclone2163

New member
I was wondering what grade oil to use and wanted to see what everyone else is running. I just bought my truck and the owner before me was running 20w-50 from Texaco. I know it says 10W-30 Mobil 1 synthetic in the manual but my friend recommended I use 5w-50 synthetic. Is Mobil 1 the best oil to use or is there something better?
 

sy1765

New member
it doesn't really matter with synthetic engine oils because they are rated using obsolete standards that were set with petroleum based oils.
so, any good quality synthetic will work no matter the rating. red line makes the best oils, but is expensive. i use mobil, it is one of the better synthetics.
 

Daron

Active member
Got 97,000 on the Sy, and 90,000 on the Ty, they both get Mobil One 10w-30 in the summer and 5w-30 in the winter.
 
Top