Tuning from the O2 sensor.

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
First off, I understand that the stock O2 is not a wide band O2 is only accurate at 14.7:1

I did some Diacom run yesterday with some good luck but I noticed my O2 were hitting around 960-975mv. Which seems high to me. Should I try turn my FP down such that I still have no Knock retard and my O2 are around 900 or is the O2 numbers just a total crap shoot? Sometime at a later time I will buy a wide band O2.

I have another question. The temperature are still relatively low around here 60's as oposed to the 80 and 90 we have during the summer. If tune my truck to run perfectly for this weather, I would guess that I be getting KR in the hot summer days. Will I best constantly tuning my truck for optimum performance or should I just turn the boost down (I have an ultimate chip)
 

kwick6

Donating Member
When do the 02's go into the 900's? If you talking about cruise, idle you could be running on the rich side.
Whats the fp set to?
I was looking at my 02 values yesterday and they looked good 700-800s normal driving then into the 900s at WOT. No knock with 17psi on 94 octane.

Scott
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
kwick6 said:
When do the 02's go into the 900's? If you talking about cruise, idle you could be running on the rich side. Whats the fp set to?

WOT & the FP is set to 50psi
 

kwick6

Donating Member
Another thing you can look at would be you short term/long term counts.
Since the 02 doesn't give you that much.
If your short terms are higher than 128 than you are adding fuel because 02's reading lean, then once you go WOT (open loop) if your 02s are in the 900's that is good.
If anyone wants to say anything about that feel free, because I am going by what I saw on datamaster for my truck.

It looked as though my truck was running a bit lean (from the ">" 128 #'s) The short term counts being over 128 meant it was adding fuel. Then when I went into WOT it was into the 900's.

Not sure if that helps or if my delusional ideas are making things worse. :-?

Scott
 

SeattleSy#1255

Category 5 Conservative
I don't understand this to well....

the s-term completely varries depending on cruise speed...so when and how can i use this as a lean/rich tuning tool???

Also, the o2 is literally unreadable when at cruise and only really useful at WOT...am i correct on this? and even then its only good as a "general" tool...mostly looking to see if the o2 sensor is working right?

i could use some clarification on this stuff...i'm guessing that using such software as datamaster has to be taken with a grain of salt so to speak???


TIA

P.S. The comp. is working great kwick6..thanks again!
 

nightdiver

Active member
One more thing
dont forget that with various exhaust temps you will have up to 2 units diff
in your readings
Always tune with the same exhaust temp (hot)since you dont have any WBO2
 
Top