Shindig: Thank You's

sytyguy

Moderated User
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who made it out this year to the Shindig. We didn't have a record attendance, but we did set an all time high for fun. Those who attended can testify that we truly had a blast. Now, a few thanks.....

- Sportmachines - Tom, without your donation we wouldn't have had the fun we had. You guys are always at the forefront of our community and always willing to help when asked. Thank you so much Tom and the team! :tup:

- JSM - Jeff and Mike and "Peaches" drove down all the way from Alongassawayville and hung out with us. Jeff also donated one of the new Torsion Bar Delete Crossmembers. Adam won it and will install it in 7-12 years.

- TurboTweak - Eric is always out to help out the Shindig and came through again this year, donating a Scanmaster to the event. Thanks again Eric!

And thank you again to everyone who participated. We had a blast racing and shooting guns and seeing downtown Savannah. I know it's a long drive and we all have a lot of things pulling us in different directions, so I really appreciate you taking the time out to come to Savannah. It really means a lot, and I hope you all had a good time. Looking forward to many more Shindigs! :tup:

turrrbo6

Re: Shindig: Thank You's

Thanks for the southern hospitality as always. We had fun at both tracks and I was happy the truck was still in one piece and running after beating the piss out of it all day. My son especially liked the dragstrip although I don't know if he ever saw a race there. Looking forward to the next Shindig where ever that might be. Thanks again, Lee

Last edited:

Rob2000gt

Donating Member

Thank you for letting me come to the shindig. Great fun, we did a good deed fixing some brakes, we had some great drivers on the autocross track with no accidents what more can you ask for.

Cronic fatigue

toe cutter

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who made it out this year to the Shindig. We didn't have a record attendance, but we did set an all time high for fun. Those who attended can testify that we truly had a blast. Now, a few thanks.....

- Sportmachines - Tom, without your donation we wouldn't have had the fun we had. You guys are always at the forefront of our community and always willing to help when asked. Thank you so much Tom and the team! :tup:

- JSM - Jeff and Mike and "Peaches" drove down all the way from Alongassawayville and hung out with us. Jeff also donated one of the new Torsion Bar Delete Crossmembers. Adam won it and will install it in 7-12 years.

- TurboTweak - Eric is always out to help out the Shindig and came through again this year, donating a Scanmaster to the event. Thanks again Eric!

And thank you again to everyone who participated. We had a blast racing and shooting guns and seeing downtown Savannah. I know it's a long drive and we all have a lot of things pulling us in different directions, so I really appreciate you taking the time out to come to Savannah. It really means a lot, and I hope you all had a good time. Looking forward to many more Shindigs! :tup:

Thanks again,was a great time, great to put faces to names.
when was there a raffle or a contest, I def missed that somewhere??

SY-1193

Had a great time as always at Shindig.
Thank you to all especially Michael Hood for hosting.
Also, a special thanks to Rob, Randy and Lee for your assistance with tools and help when my idler arm broke at the autocross.
We made it home with no problems.
I am replacing the entire centerlink to add a stabilizer, end links inner and outer, adjuster sleeves, pitman arm, and everything all the way across the front on the suspension.
It was great hanging out with everybody as always!

turrrbo6

Had a great time as always at Shindig.
Thank you to all especially Michael Hood for hosting.
Also, a special thanks to Rob, Randy and Lee for your assistance with tools and help when my idler arm broke at the autocross.
We made it home with no problems.
I am replacing the entire centerlink to add a stabilizer, end links inner and outer, adjuster sleeves, pitman arm, and everything all the way across the front on the suspension.
It was great hanging out with everybody as always!

Glad you made it home safe.. See ya next time. Lee

graham1524

We had a great time coming out for the weekend. I'd like to give a special thanks again for those who put it together and helped Jared with shooting some guns. I'm sure everyone there could tell what a great time was had

randy merritt

Donating Member

We had a great time coming out for the weekend. I'd like to give a special thanks again for those who put it together and helped Jared with shooting some guns. I'm sure everyone there could tell what a great time was had
I had a good time also and it was fun auto crossing and drag racing in the same day. Special thanks to Hood. Thanks also to Harmon for giving me lifts in his nice, new truck. It was good to see old friends again, and meet new ones.

Graham, send me that video of my tire spin drag launch when you get a chance. My email is rmerritt@comcast.net or text to 850-251-8860.

sytyguy

Moderated User

Thanks again,was a great time, great to put faces to names.
when was there a raffle or a contest, I def missed that somewhere??
We forgot we even had items to raffle until Sunday morning so we did it in the parking lot. Adam won the crossmember and you won the Scanmaster. I think y'all had already hit the road by then. Shoot me an address and I'll get it out the door to you today. :tup:

turrrbo6

I think I won the swift kick in the ass back to Columbia award! It worked real good.:D

Cronic fatigue

toe cutter

We forgot we even had items to raffle until Sunday morning so we did it in the parking lot. Adam won the crossmember and you won the Scanmaster. I think y'all had already hit the road by then. Shoot me an address and I'll get it out the door to you today. :tup:

Wow, awesome, great times!!!! Safety first!!!!

sytyguy

Moderated User

I think I won the swift kick in the ass back to Columbia award! It worked real good.:D

You won the "time to have a talk with your son about girls and the power a set of titties can have over a man" award. :lol:

graham1524

I had a good time also and it was fun auto crossing and drag racing in the same day. Special thanks to Hood. Thanks also to Harmon for giving me lifts in his nice, new truck. It was good to see old friends again, and meet new ones.

Graham, send me that video of my tire spin drag launch when you get a chance. My email is rmerritt@comcast.net or text to 850-251-8860.

I wasn't able to email or text the video as it was too large but here is a link to photo bucket where you can download it from

http://vid305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/graham1524/VID_20141004_220003441_zps5c6ff2c1.mp4

ziembic

Donating Member

Thanks to all involved. I had a great time, shooting guns, completely beating the pants off of a rental car, and watching Rob do the brakes on a random Toyota Corrola.

sy#2716

SyTy 4 Life

Big thanks to Hood and his family for letting us throw some lead and also cooking some great steaks.

Also Randy did you notice in the video how the rear was spinning and also kicked out to the left. That is what I was explaining too you that the rear were spinning and that is why i do not think you have an issue with the trans case. I think it was the case of too much air pressure, street tires, and POWER. LOL