Radiator hoses

kbbeckius

New member
I was hoping to find some type of better quality radiator hose. Goodyear makes a blue hose called the "Hi-Miler" and they have a kit for the normally aspirated S-10s. I looked at a upper hose at a local auto parts store for a regular S-10 and while it was the same shape, the diameter seemed to be different, so I question whether it would work. Any ideas?? suggestions, I'm looking for something like GM put on the Impala cop cars like a silicone or something, but molded not some cheesy flex hose.

Thx Brad
 

kbbeckius

New member
Ok, after much hassle with a local dealer, I got replacement hoses. Guess what? The upper hose is a standard S-10(vin-Z) piece. I looked at ones at other parts stores, the reason they looked smaller is because my hose was swollen. The lower hose has a PAS number on so I kind of doubt it's the same as the S-10 piece.

Thx Brad
 
Top