problem after new mount install

eh8475

New member
I put new soild motor mounts on the TY recently. When I went to put the fan back on last weekend it was hitting the bottom fan shroud. Are solid mounts shorter than the stock ones or something?

Any ideas on how to resove this would be helpful. TIA.
 

ItsMyTy

Life is beter at 25 PSI
just put solid mounts and frame pads on mine last week... the frame pads are adjustable like john said. i installed mine up and all the way forward and the engine dropped in place with no clearance issues
 

eh8475

New member
Ohhh Joy! I saw the oblong holes in the mounts when I got them. Slipped my mind during the install I guess. It was one o'clock in the morning and I still needed to drive 3 hours to Texas and be to work at 6. Needless to say I was in kind of a hurry to get the engine back down so that I could pull it out of the garage. I guess we'll just chalk this one up to being a dumbass. :banghead:

Thanks for the info.
 

ty1435_4.3

Shes almost ready
What is the part# of the mounts that you used cause Im removing my engine tomorrow (spun a bearing) I think and I want to put solid mounts in. TIA
 

JSM

Active member
Yes, the slot is designed so that at the far extreme it works for "MOST" trucks.

There were enough trucks that needed the adjustment on one side for things to line up due to frame differences, accidents, ?????
 

ghettosled

SYTY SUPERSTORE
usually you will notice the engine sits a tad higher, if your old motor mounts have been beaten up bad :)
 

eh8475

New member
ty1435_4.3 said:
What is the part# of the mounts that you used cause Im removing my engine tomorrow (spun a bearing) I think and I want to put solid mounts in. TIA

I don't remember the part number but, I'm pretty sure that I bought them from E-RUE. His web site is www.turbotime.us

You'll have to buy the frame pads that Jeff makes also. E-RUE sells them too.
 
Top