pcv valve question

phoon684

New member
I was wondering if anyone is running a different setup on the pcv on the passenge side in place of the stock .
 

Loeryder

New member
Some people just run K&N breather filters in each valve cover, no PCV.

I think the stock system is not perfect but it is very effective at evacuating the vapors.

There have also been stories about rings sealing better with vacuum behind the rings. No real hard data.

There is also an electric air pump that can be used to supply the vacuum without running gases back into the intake.

Run a search for PCV and I think its been covered.
www.syty.org has a very nice archive as well.
 

Pittman

New member
I had a prob not to long ago.

The valve that is connected to the throttle body went bad. It allowed boost to go into the crank case. The pressure in the case force oil into the cyl and cause detonation. I dont know if the oil came from under the piston or around the valve seals. Long story in short I run one from in front of the turbo to a single pvc on the valve cover.
 
Top