Muffler or straight pipe?

Muscletruck

New member
Hey guy's what are the pro's and con's of me removing the muffler and going straight pipe from the cat back. Are should I just get an ATR cat back system. Thanks.
 

warmpancakes

New member
I have the atr system and with their muffler it was to quiet and I ditched the muffler so it actually had some grumble Ken
 

SyTyJedi

Jedi Council
Ditching an aftermarket muffler will not give you many gains, as most are straight thru flow mufflers that make good power. I would keep the nice stainless muffler.

If you have stock exhaust, you might pick up some power if you ditch the muffler. A nice cat-back system is the way to go for the best sound and power however. If you want louder, get an exhaust dump...may have overboost problems on some trucks with the dump installed tho.

I think you'll be very happy with the ATR exhaust system.

HTH!


Tyler
 
Top