MAP Sensor

Zac

New member
Is there a way to determine if your MAP sensor is working properly without a scantool (I haven't bought datamaster yet. I should have it in January sometime).

I just got the service manual, and it tells me how to test it, but is say's to use a scantool to get the voltage's. Can I get these voltages's using a voltmeter? if so, how do I get through the wire insulation with out cutting the wire?

I know that this is probably something basic, but I really don't know.

Thanks,
ZAC
 

JoeLutz

New member
Your stock boost guage works off the map signal. Is it working? Usually map problems are due to bad vaccum lines and vaccum leaks instead of the actual sensor.
 

Zac

New member
joeelutz--
I actually replaced all the Vaccuum Lines. I am trying to figure out why it won't do WOT.
I did get a code 33 last week. I re-inspected the lines, and "seemed" OK.

See this post for more info:
http://www.syty.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=8196&forum=3

Bdubb--
I think I might like to try that sensor. Maybe a little Datamaster also if that ain't asking to much :smile:

ZAC
 
Top