Jasper Engine rebuild????

2

2JZGTE

Guest
I work with a guy that is going to buy a Ty,a nd he was considering one with a engine that smokes, figuring he will rebuild it. He is looking at a jasper rebuilt 4.3 for the Ty for like $2,200 complete which seems awlful cheap to me. Does anyone have any experienece with the Jasper engines?

What does a good rebuild cost, nothing real crazy, mildly built (ie Forged pistons, head work)?
 

TheObiJuan

Active member
i have the same question, i need to rebuild the ty i am getting. typical .030 over trw pistons, eagle rods, and all i need is a rebuilt, balanced, blueprinted shortblock. what would that cost? contacted jerry and still no response.
 

LuvBoost

New member
I just bought a Ty that has a new Jasper in it. It had 100mi on the engine when I picked it up. I've put about 700mi on it in the last two weeks. It runs well, uses no oil, makes no strange ticking/knocking noises. I am happy so far. The reciept shows 2179.00 for the long block. I called Jasper to see if they would fax me the line sheet so I know what pistons are in it etc. The guy said he didn't know what they would let him tell me but he would fax it. I never got anything :cry: .
 

JSM

Active member
I woudl be skeptical myself. Just heard in a chat the other night a bad story with Jasper engine.

I suspect it is a standard 4.3, just sold UNDER typhoon name. just like GM...

Cast pistons, compression to high....etc...

Asking for trouble, and $2k lighter wallet IMHO..
 
Top