Is an AFPR really needed ?

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks
I was wondering if any experienced tuners still adjust thier fp when tuning . When you can adjust fuel tables with the laptop , isnt the fp just a "set and forget" thing ?

I am asking because I still think my fpr is bleeding fuel into my vacuum lines . Im going to put my stock regulator back in to see if it solves my problem , and wanted to get some opinions about my question above .
 

Daryl H

Donating Member
Re: Is an AFPR really needed ?

I guess if the fuel injectors have enough fuel pressure at idle to work well and
not too much pressure at WOT with crazy boost then any linear FPR will work fine.
....barring that you adjust fuel tables as needed.
 

turbodig

Active member
Re: Is an AFPR really needed ?

MRKING said:
I was wondering if any experienced tuners still adjust thier fp when tuning . When you can adjust fuel tables with the laptop , isnt the fp just a "set and forget" thing ?

I am asking because I still think my fpr is bleeding fuel into my vacuum lines . Im going to put my stock regulator back in to see if it solves my problem , and wanted to get some opinions about my question above .


If you can change the chip, you really don't need to adjust the FPR. Only reason to have one in that case is if you needed additional base FP to overcome an injector limitation, but you don't have that problem.
 
Top