Hypertech Chip

sychris

Member
Re: Hypertech Chip

so what do you need to change besides the thermostst to install the chip . i just got one and plan on installing it this week . what do you mean the tune is junk? is it a better tune than stock?
 

Throws

Active member
Re: Hypertech Chip

so what do you need to change besides the thermostst to install the chip . i just got one and plan on installing it this week . what do you mean the tune is junk? is it a better tune than stock?

You'd probably get better results with Code59 and a monkey.

-P
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Hypertech Chip

The fueling and timing tables are very close to stock and they tend to overboost.
 

STAGEUP

Member
Re: Hypertech Chip

Your truck will go slower with this chip. And the engine will most likely commit suicide on a hot day
 

Brassmonkey

Cruzin' Mel Man
Re: Hypertech Chip

I had a hypertech chip back in '92, used it for years without any problem. I did use race gas when I went to the track though. It gave me .4 in the qtr. 160* thermostat gave me .2 also.

has anybody had any luck with this chip? . is anybody running it now?
 

Throws

Active member
Re: Hypertech Chip

I guess the thing is, are you dead-set on using the hypertech? A few people here, like myself, run the TurboTweak VeloSyty chip... low cost (I guess?) and pretty solid performance.

-P
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Hypertech Chip

Hypertech sets the boost level in the chip to over 100% of 2 bar map. I am not actually sure how it controllers the boost. I bought a totaled Syclone with the Hypertech chip in it, one of the previous owners told me it was on its 4th motor.
 

Throws

Active member
Re: Hypertech Chip

On it's 4th motor? Holy hell... I'd be asking myself what I was doing wrong at that point...

-P
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Hypertech Chip

In the trucks defense it was stolen once. The owner who I randomly ran in to at the track wasn't the brightest bulb. (he was two owners prior). His friends were chuckling when they told me it was running 15/16's the last time it was at the track. He said something like 'Yeah, i don't think it was running right.' Ya think? I think 3 of motors were because of him.
 

sychris

Member
Re: Hypertech Chip

im not dead set on running hypertech but i did have luck with a hypertech program for my 99 supercharged s10 . i got a good deal on the chip and i could toss it for all i care . if its gonna hurt my truck i wont use it . most everybody is telling me no but some had luck with it .
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Hypertech Chip

I do not have experience w/the Hypertech chip, just the street ATR Pitbull chip.

It was a very safe rich chip & I ran a personal best @ the time 2001 IIRC, of 12.29 with it.:2cents:
 
Last edited:
Top