Hotwiring IC Pump

Syclone#1992

SyTy.net Moderator
I just got done installing the cold air box. I now need to hotwire and make sure my IC pump is working and functioning correctly.

My question is---Do I accually cut the wire in half and ground it. or
Do I make a T off it and then ground it?

Anyone have any pics so I can get some ideas.
 

ABLITZ

Damn Yankee
u wanna T off of it or if u dont wanna cut the wire, get some wire, open up the relay,stick one end of the wire where the yellow wire connects to the relay.snap the relay back together.and ground the other end.theres a ground to the right of the relay where u can connect it to.
 

GM TURBO

Sell Out
You can get the electrical t's that doin't actually cut the wire - they just put a 'dimple' in the plastic and go down to the wire. Much easier then opening up the relay in my opinion.
 

InvisiBill

Active member
Yup, 3M makes "buddy" connectors that have a W-shaped piece of metal in them. When you crimp it down, it cuts through the insulation on two wires, essentially joining them together. You can use one of these splices or just strip off a bit of the insulation on the relay wire, and run a few inches of wire down to the screw holding the relay bracket to the firewall. Easy and almost nothing extra to get in the way.
 
Top