Gilbert linkage...

Injected1

Member
I tried the Gilbert linkage from Detroit Turbo and none of my gears are right. What is the best linkage setup or should I just cut a section out of the linkage off the tranny? If so how much total should be removed? I heard 3/8" but not sure if that will clear the Gilbert propshaft.
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Gilbert linkage...

If you're talking about the offset lever he sells then make sure it fits tight on the trans shaft. I put mine in a vise and squeezed it closed just a bit. Made all the difference. Make it so it has to be tapped (not hammered) into position and lock it with the nut. Mine has worked perfect since.

HTH
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Gilbert linkage...

Their is a little bit of adjustment on the arm and I think is some in at the shifter. You can also bend the transmission brace to line everything up. (WHat I had to do, when I replace the shifter cable)
 
Top