air intake foil modification ?

S

supersy279

Guest
has anyone ever tried this mod with any significant power gain or any power gain at all?
 

Ian Turgeon

Cascading Inspiration
send me $50, i'll send a picture of one to you that you can tape on the outside of the throttle body.

That way you can atleast see what you wasted your money on.
 

stariy

New member
Think about it. You got turbo. For normaly aspirated ingine it may help flow. Yours presurised already
 

MikeRenz

not stock
pressurized...yes. But look at the throttle body. There are large crevises that will cuase some backpressure. Its no 10+hp mod like people claim when they wanna sell....but it must help a LITTLE.

Why bother getting rid of the stock air intake and using 3" tubing?
 

Tooky

Serious about performance
On 2002-03-06 13:47, SyTyArchives wrote:
send me $50, i'll send a picture of one to you that you can tape on the outside of the throttle body.

That way you can atleast see what you wasted your money on.
Shit, I'll do this for $25. That's half price!!
 

20psiGMC

Member
pressurized...yes. But look at the throttle body. There are large crevises that will cuase some backpressure. Its no 10+hp mod like people claim when they wanna sell....but it must help a LITTLE.

Why bother getting rid of the stock air intake and using 3" tubing?

Gotta agree with Mike here. The TBAF has always gotten beaten up here and on the list. Sure seems to go against the grain of the smoother the air path the better... Anyone have a technical explanation as to why fluid dynamics change from vacuum to pressurized state?
Then again, anyone have any concrete data it has no effect, other than they didn't "feel" any improvement?
 

just a 6

R.I.P MyClone
I have to agree, anything that can smoothen out the air stream will help even if it's only 2hp gain.
If that don't work, why polish the runners in your intake manifold, or make a smooth transit between turbo/piping/IC/TB? Same thing there, pressurized air. [Note] I sad polish not ported. Until anyone can show us a dyno run with out any gain in hp or torque with a air foil i'm a beliver. But that's just my $0.02


On 2002-03-06 16:56, MikeRenz wrote:
pressurized...yes. But look at the throttle body. There are large crevises that will cuase some backpressure. Its no 10+hp mod like people claim when they wanna sell....but it must help a LITTLE.

Why bother getting rid of the stock air intake and using 3" tubing?
 

Mephisto

These trucks are cursed
i pissed my money away on one, and i havent noticed shit! it definitely isnt a 10+HP gain thats for sure! but im sure it helps flow a little bit.
 

WhiteoverGray

New member
I have one. It's been sitting on my work bench in my garage for a few weeks now. I'm not sure if I should loosen the intercooler or unbolt the intake (or housing where the foil gets bolted in) to install it. It's not quite the easy 5 minute install as in a Camaro motor because of the tight squeeze on the Typhoon. Any suggestions? Is it easier to loosen the intercooler to intall the foil?
 

Saudi Sy

New member
I am going to have to say that it will be easier to take off the intercooler. It is just 3 bolts underneath. I hope this helps.
 

MikeRenz

not stock
why does everyone bash this? Whatever happened to "every little bit counts." If its a .0001 seconds faster difference...then it should be worth it. I got mine for $43 shipped off ebay. So i have to go one night without gettin hammered at a bar...whoppee.
 
It's been proven that the only way Jordan's tealty went 11's on stock engine was with the air foil. I think it would help keep crap out of the iac passage ways.
 

just a 6

R.I.P MyClone
I guess you dyno your truck before and after you installed it? Sense you can say that there is no gain at all? :eek:



On 2002-03-07 00:06, Cold Wind Of Death wrote:
i pissed my money away on one, and i havent noticed shit! it definitely isnt a 10+HP gain thats for sure! but im sure it helps flow a little bit.
 

Tooky

Serious about performance
Swede, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. He said he didn't notice a difference and then at the end he said he was "sure it helps flow a little bit".
On 2002-03-08 21:08, swede wrote:
I guess you dyno your truck before and after you installed it? Sense you can say that there is no gain at all? :eek:
On 2002-03-07 00:06, Cold Wind Of Death wrote:
i pissed my money away on one, and i havent noticed shit! it definitely isnt a 10+HP gain thats for sure! but im sure it helps flow a little bit.
 

just a 6

R.I.P MyClone
I was just giving him a hard time :smile: That's what the smiley was for. Sorry if i offended someone, ok?



On 2002-03-09 00:56, TookyCat wrote:
Swede, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. He said he didn't notice a difference and then at the end he said he was "sure it helps flow a little bit".
On 2002-03-08 21:08, swede wrote:
I guess you dyno your truck before and after you installed it? Sense you can say that there is no gain at all? :eek:
On 2002-03-07 00:06, Cold Wind Of Death wrote:
i pissed my money away on one, and i havent noticed shit! it definitely isnt a 10+HP gain thats for sure! but im sure it helps flow a little bit.
 
Top