.63 A/R = __cm2?

20psiGMC

Member
I have become more familiar with the Mitsubishi exhaust housing size measurement (area in cm2) in relation to Sy/Ty sizing issues than the Garret measurement of A/R. My question is this: what size Mitsu housing is closest in flow to a T3 Garrett .63?

Bonus question: Closest to a T3 .82?

Thanks!
 

smeagol

Active member
You really can't say. There are several models of T3 housings you can use.

If I had to classify the mitsu housings, I'd call the stocker a .58 AR, the 10cm2 a .63, and the 14cm2 a .82. The perfect one would be the 12cm2 :smile:

Brian G
 

20psiGMC

Member
Thanks Brian. I know from previous discussions some of the T3 configurations are more favorable than others... Here is the one I have:

oK66031.jpg

oL45502.jpg

oO64139.jpg


One of the better ones?

________________
-Erik.
Syclone #00837
tornado4.gif




<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Euroclydon on 2001-12-21 16:55 ]</font>
 

smeagol

Active member
Depending on your goals.

Any turbo is a bad turbo if it's the wrong one for your combination.

Brian G
 

Tooky

Serious about performance
On 2001-12-21 14:25, Red Canyonero wrote:
If I had to classify the mitsu housings, I'd call the stocker a .58 AR, the 10cm2 a .63, and the 14cm2 a .82. The perfect one would be the 12cm2 :smile:
The perfect one for what? Also, IIRC, you had pictures of a 12cm2 on your website, right? Does Gino have the 12cm2 on there?
 

smeagol

Active member
That T3 looks like one of the dinky ones that Chan has used. Those were good up to about 400hp, and that was it. If you want 12s, ok, anything faster...probably not gonna be good. I could be wrong on the ID, but looking at the flange on the downpipe side, it's hard to mistake it.

12cm2 would be the perfect exhaust housing for a stock Syty, using either the stock compressor side or the 20g. Unfortunately, it will NOT work on a stock turbo, as the exhaust wheel is too small. The 20g exhaust wheel fits. I sold that housing to Mike Hood.
 
Top