Need Oppinions about Gap between Seat rails & Mount

ParTyBoy

New member
Hmmmm... where to start... Well Who would've guessed that the day I would tow the truck over to get fixed that I would finally receive the passenger seat mount for use with the recaro rails... ... Hmmmm I sure would have considering my luck....

Anyway here's the issue... the rails are slightly longer than the mount by about an 1/8 of an inch.... My concern is that if I stick a washer or two on each side to cover the distance that this will make the rails unsecure no matter how much torque I secure the bolt down with... Are my concerns validated???? Have I reason to worry even if I use locktite sealant on bolt threads ???

Should I send the mount back or take mount to a machine shop and have a small washer welded to the mount to cover the distance???

Here's a small diagram...
rail.jpg


<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chocco on 2002-02-12 19:14 ]</font>
 

ParTyBoy

New member
Don't have a digital camera... need to buy a disposable.... Just made crude diagram above... should be a little easier to understand... thanks
 

Ian Turgeon

Cascading Inspiration
Ok, assuming the bolts coming off the black tabs on the mounts are threaded into a nut/fitting on the seat brackets (grey square), then Yes, I would absolutely put a spacer to fill the rest of the open area on the bolt between the bracket and the nut. You could use washers or some sort of sleave.
That would help you tighten withought bending the brackets.

If im right in my evaluation of the diagram
 

ParTyBoy

New member
You are correct in your evaluation Ian... Question that concerns me is that "if" i put washers inbetween the mount & rail tabs to cover the gap distance (so I won't have to bend the rail tabs) that this wouldn't allow the rails to ever be firmly secure enough because the washers even while under tension of the bolt still are not secure....

Damn that was a nice run on sentence...
 

Ian Turgeon

Cascading Inspiration
weld on a sleve if you have to.

Try it with washers and see if its good enough. I would think that it would be plenty secure.
 
Top