HVAC vac line leaking

red_shift

New member
The hard vacuum line through the firewall has developed a leak. probably due to futzing around with other stuff in the area. I've hooked a mity-vac to it and confirmed. The other end; which I _think_ is the Grey hose on the back of the HVAC control, goes to a 5 hose connector about 10 inches in back of the controls, I've disconnected and plugged the gray hose, and vacuum holds longer on the other end- but still is open somewhere. The hard vac line goes through the firewall right in back of the deforst/heat/ac manifold, but I can't see where it goes from there. It's bundled with some wires on the other side and isn't overly accessable there either.
Has anyone had this problem? I think it would be easier to bypass the bad line than pull the manifold; but am open to suggestions- I need to get the manifold off to trace the vac line's routing but suspect it runs up, in back of the manifold, and connects with the soft hose somewhere up there.
Thanks, Cornell
 
Top