OG rollcall

turbodig

Still 'around', whatever that means. I also shun social media, as there is just too much life outside of it.

Anybody still on that was on the old mailing list, way back when? Extra points if you were on when I manually forwarded messages to everybody... :)

neildemo

Administrator
Still 'around', whatever that means. I also shun social media, as there is just too much life outside of it.

Anybody still on that was on the old mailing list, way back when? Extra points if you were on when I manually forwarded messages to everybody... :)
was way before My time. I had a syclone in 97 then was forced to sell in divorce. then came back in vengence in 2009 lol.

Sean Krupa

Dig,

My brother use to print out the messages for me when I bought the Ty and I think I didn't have a computer at the time. I use to look forward to reading the posts every week until I got my computer. He did this for me for many months. Now my son Sean Krupa owns the Ty. Rick Krupa AKA RKKustom

4C FED

Absolutum Dominium
Passing by today. First time in a very long time.
Actually ordered some parts for my Typhoon with the plan of doing some work to it, finally.

Jeasen

New member here. Hope you guys can help me get my Typhoon up and running again. I am not new to cars or turbocharged cars and did turbo Buicks a while back. I still have two turbo TransAms in my stable. I just am not familiar with the 4.3 V6 and need help getting my motor rebuilt and running again. After I acquired it several years ago I cracked a cylinder wall the first time I got on it. It has sat in this condition for years due to health problems and lack of motivation. I would now like to get it running again. I am in my late 70's and am living on a fixed income so have a limited budget. I know that the people here have a wealth of information on what works and what does not work. I am looking for a solid daily driver that can get out of it's own way and really like low end torque. My 1986 Buick T Type would run the quarter mile in the mid 12's in daily driver street trim with a trunk full of tools. A some what slower Typhoon would be more than adequate. Thanks in advance for any and all help with my Typhoon.

DaveP's Ghost

Hi dig. I found the mail list in Sept 1997. I'm pretty sure it was automated by then, so no 'extra points' for me. IIRC, the list had an .edu suffix. Some of the names I remember: Bruce Plecan, Barry Tisdale, Ron Gregory (he still sells Walbros, I just bought one from him), and of course the Chicago group and turbodig.

Last edited:

DaveP's Ghost

I went to a local Cars-N-Coffee yesterday morning. (Took my ZR-1, the Ty is pretty funky right now. Needs a good detail and polish, and I haven't felt like giving it any love lately). A guy walks up to me and says 'Well if it isn't Dave P. I haven't seen you for years." Took me a few seconds to recall his name, and I was surprised that I was able to (I'm getting old. Memory DOES go first). Doug Rodriguez, AKA JustBeachin'It. He had a black/blk 93 years ago. He had ridden his Harley to the C-N-C deal with some other riders. Another OG heard from.

That would include me. I am a former owner who bought a sy and a ty new. I stop by every 6 months or so.

JamieL

I’m still here. How to see more action. FB is not my thing. Plus there is a wealth of knowledge that still remains here.

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.
Still here! My truck is collecting a nice layer of dust, but I wont fix what's not broke!