Newbie in NH!

MasterG

Hey Gang,

New guy here, the name is Alexander. My wife and I just bought a home here in NH and we were fortunate enough to have enough space for our project cars. Very blessed. The wife went old school JDM with a 1980 Honda Civic Wagon 1500 which we call Lettuce, cause it's lettuce green. We already replaced the alternator, fuel pump, carb, and a few other odds and ends to get it going again. We also sanded all the rust out and it's ready to get repainted once we line up the funds.

In any case, now it's my turn, having wanted a Syclone ever since I saw them debut in 91. I was only 12 but my uncle raced the 1/4 mile in Englishtown, NJ (ran a 65 malibu in the 13s) so growing up with car culture had some influence. Even today, nothing compares to this truck (Syclone) and frankly, all the new vehicles coming out aren't worth the price for me.

I currently drive a 2017 murdered out Nissan Frontier but it just doesn't do it for me. I previously had a Focus RS and traded it for the truck since the wife has a Mazda 3 hatchback. We needed a utility vehicle so I decided to go with something newer and more practical for hauling and DIY projects.

But the Syclone has been whirling around my thoughts for decades. And they seem harder and harder to get. Anyhow, I can be long winded and I appreciate all the contributing members here and the vast knowledge and experience held in these forums. I've been reading through and keep thinking "I'm not worthy!" I have so much to learn and grow that I hope I can connect with some of you folks here to help fulfill my dreams. First deserve then desire. Well, I probably don't deserve but I refuse to let go of a boyhood dream.

Cheers,
Alexander

P.S. any suggestions on how to know a good deal on these trucks via internet research only is greatly appreciated. I just found one in W.Virginia for a decent price.

Goodgollyjosh

Hey Alexander, welcome from Texas. Some of those Civic Wago builds look cool. I had an '01 Frontier SC with a 2 pound pulley on it and a few other mods, neat little trucks those Frontiers are. I'm sure the Focus RS was a blast, my bread and butter are Ecoboost builds. Good luck with your search for a Sy. There are others on here that can help you out with finding a good one and what to look for. I am still learning all the ends and outs on mine and don't feel worthy to contribute on that subject. Keep us posted on your progress.

Later bud!

proptop

Donating Member
Welcome Aboard and when you find/buy one make sure it comes with Jack Stands!!!!!!! LoL.
Bob

Sy2622

Cheers,
Welcome aboard and I feel your pain.
I lurked for years before the wife finally made me pull the trigger on my Sy.

Timbo

SyTy Stalker
Best advice is to see if someone experienced can check the car out for you in-person. Where in WV is the truck? I'm not too far from the WV border.
I've had '79 and '81 Accords. I put a Weber Redline 32/36 carb on the '81 hatchback. It was still painfully slow, but fun to drive.

MasterG

I misspoke, the truck is reportedly in Virginia, and here is the link: https://automotive-classifieds.com/detail.php?listing=62953&cn=0&tm=1615967036

I receive a reply from someone named Ora Smith who said they are out of the country at the moment. I'm suspect that it's listed at $11.2.

And yes, my buddy and I also put the Redline Carb on...has been adjusted multiple times, so we realized the distributer was off a hair and the thing would die in 1st. Then we checked the alternator and realized it was dying fast so i bought a new one. we still haven't gotten it up and going just yet. once winter hit, i took some time away to focus on other hobbies and will get back to it in a few weeks.

MasterG

Ps...I just saw a syclone northbound on Rt 3 in MA around 1415. NH plates..anyone know who this may be?

Timbo

SyTy Stalker
I misspoke, the truck is reportedly in Virginia, and here is the link: https://automotive-classifieds.com/detail.php?listing=62953&cn=0&tm=1615967036

I receive a reply from someone named Ora Smith who said they are out of the country at the moment. I'm suspect that it's listed at $11.2.

And yes, my buddy and I also put the Redline Carb on...has been adjusted multiple times, so we realized the distributer was off a hair and the thing would die in 1st. Then we checked the alternator and realized it was dying fast so i bought a new one. we still haven't gotten it up and going just yet. once winter hit, i took some time away to focus on other hobbies and will get back to it in a few weeks.
Dang, that's a bit far for me to check out. The reply definitely sounds suspect as well. Good luck with the Honda. I may still have some new CVCC parts in a box somewhere :D

MasterG

Ah, good ol CVCC parts are hard to come by. So.e guy in Australia I think has a boat load of em for all years. Mine came with an extra dash and some bits and bobs.