#366 coming to igloo world

SYO237

SyTy Registry
My former truck, #366 "ChromeBoy" is going to Canada. Just recently sold out of Kansas City and said to be there later in the week.

Dunno the new owner, hopefully he finds his way here and takes damn good care of the truck.

CAMSTY

SyTy Obsessed
Re: #366 coming to igloo world

Cool, hopefully the new owner chimes in. I'd like to see it again since I never really took the time check it out at the nats.

janeto72

Yep.I talked to the new owner today.He came to see me .He lost the passenger's side wheel arch off the truck on highway 401 today while bringing the ty home. Luckily I had a spare one for him.The truck will be residing in Markam, Ontario Canada. I'm sure he will post ooce he chimes in.
janeto

Last edited:

SYO237

SyTy Registry

janeto72 said:
Yep.I talked to the new owner today.He came to see me .He lost the drivers side wheel arch off the truck on the highway today while bringing the ty home. Luckily I had a spare one for him.The truck will be residing in Markam, Ontario Canada. I'm sure he will post ooce he chimes in.
janeto
jeeze... that truck has some bad luck with roadtrips and cladding. when erin bought it off me, he had to replace a few pieces after a tire blew out, but got it fixed immediatly.

awesome. take care of that truck..its got history. that truck helped establish the Nats. :tup:
wish i coulda bought it back...

SYO237

SyTy Registry

Original owner was Chris Pearson. He along with a few others came up with the idea for Nats back in 98. If you ever look back at the 98 pics, you can see the truck with the KC chiefs magnet on it and the old pioneer logo (i think it was pioneer) on the back window. It was also the first truck among the syty group I believe to recieve the GNX louvers mod.

Chris babied it and it was a trailer/garage queen. He lost interest years back. I bought it from him and it mostly sat in my garage. I drove it to work every now and again and a couple of FL meets. The most I had ever driven it was when I sold it to Erin and drove it from Orlando to Atlanta to meet him and deliver it. Didnt want to sell it, but with a new house being built, it made life a bit easier.

Its still one of the cleanest examples of a Typhoon ive ever seen. That body didnt have a wave in it. New owner shoulda gotten a bigass binder full of reciepts and info with all the stuff that has ever been bought and put on the truck since the day it came off the dealer lot. Theres some old school stuff in it... back when Kenne Bell was the place to go. :tup:

janeto72

I will talk to thew owner over the next few days and see what he got with the ty.Anthing else I should tell him about?

SYO237

SyTy Registry

Yep, I got em. Nope, dont want to sell em. They are being used for a CF project for the Sy.

BoostedAT

I'm the new owner of ChromeBoy. Actually, Canada owns it until it passes inspection. Was looking for a past couple of months and although it's a little too ricey for my taste, it was in the right condition that I wanted it. Flew down to KS Wed morning and was on the road by 3pm. Very smooth transaction and great dealing with Erin. I tried to keep my expectations low so as to not be disappointed but the car was in excellent condition. Just little things here and there.

And of course I lost the front pass cladding on the crappy Canadian Hwy during the 16hr drive. Soon as I got home, call Janeto and he hooked me up. Thanks for that. Even took me for a spin in his Ty. Absolutely mint and rides firm and hard. I'm going to prep the car over the weekend for the inspections and replace a few things. It will be a pleasure car when it's nice out since I have a daily driver and the talon is way too modified to drive on the street anymore.

The HKS BOV the first to go. Wore thin after 1hr of driving since it starts leaking as it goes into boost because the engine begins to hesitate. Maybe I'll put in the Tial I have laying around house later. Replace the exhaust and maybe get a small faster spooling BB turbo and other maintenance stuff. Just keeping it low-key since it has to keep passing emissions. Found out the Ty is considered a hotrod for emissions so that's a plus.

Can't wait to really enjoy the car after all the inspections are done.

BoostedAT

SYO237 said:
Original owner was Chris Pearson. He along with a few others came up with the idea for Nats back in 98. If you ever look back at the 98 pics, you can see the truck with the KC chiefs magnet on it and the old pioneer logo (i think it was pioneer) on the back window. It was also the first truck among the syty group I believe to recieve the GNX louvers mod.

Chris babied it and it was a trailer/garage queen. He lost interest years back. I bought it from him and it mostly sat in my garage. I drove it to work every now and again and a couple of FL meets. The most I had ever driven it was when I sold it to Erin and drove it from Orlando to Atlanta to meet him and deliver it. Didnt want to sell it, but with a new house being built, it made life a bit easier.

Its still one of the cleanest examples of a Typhoon ive ever seen. That body didnt have a wave in it. New owner shoulda gotten a bigass binder full of reciepts and info with all the stuff that has ever been bought and put on the truck since the day it came off the dealer lot. Theres some old school stuff in it... back when Kenne Bell was the place to go. :tup:

Yep, paint is mint not a dent on the body. The binder is so old school. Kenne Bell wow. I'll be going over the truck slowly to see what it's got. Definitely feels like there's high stall converter. Haven't boost launched it to see the flash point. Funny, I see Chris traded in a 91 Talon for the Ty. :lol:

SYO237

SyTy Registry

BoostedAT said:
Yep, paint is mint not a dent on the body. The binder is so old school. Kenne Bell wow. I'll be going over the truck slowly to see what it's got. Definitely feels like there's high stall converter. Haven't boost launched it to see the flash point. Funny, I see Chris traded in a 91 Talon for the Ty. :lol:
Heh, told ya theres history there. Dont know of many trucks that have binder of stuff like Chrome did. I know Erin did quite a few things with it when he got it. Only thing I ever did to it was remove the electric fans and replace the alternator since it was bad, and refill the AC system with freeze12 (not 134). Other than driving it the short distance to work and a few FL meets, it just sat.

Take good care of that truck. Definately miss having it around.

BoostedAT

SYO237 said:
Heh, told ya theres history there. Dont know of many trucks that have binder of stuff like Chrome did. I know Erin did quite a few things with it when he got it. Only thing I ever did to it was remove the electric fans and replace the alternator since it was bad, and refill the AC system with freeze12 (not 134). Other than driving it the short distance to work and a few FL meets, it just sat.

Take good care of that truck. Definately miss having it around.
Any reason not to go back to the e-fans and bigger alternator? I see it had the Powermaster before.

SYO237

SyTy Registry

No reason not to. The reason why I took them out is because it was dual SPALs and they were sucking up alot of power. I think each fan had a 30amp relay if I remember correctly. Add in the system and the truck was struggling.

The alternator was toast when I bought the truck from Chris.... I actually had it flatbedded from his house to mine so I didnt get stuck on the side of the road.

I sold the SPALs shortly after removing them.

CalgarySS

1000 miles and counting..

Glad to see another truck coming north.

It may take a few years but I think we can get them all!

janeto72

there is a least a dozen that made it into Canada this year.....Let's keep 'em coming.